- 5511 Capital Center Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Do Meaningful Work. We are a purpose-driven, venture-funded technology company creating solutions that serve and empower older adults and individuals living with disabilities, in partnership with the people, communities and organizations that also serve them. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. At K4Connect, we believe technology should be purposeful, person-centered, and harmonious.
We love the work we do and think you will, too.
About the Position:
- Create simple and intuitive web and mobile designs
- Build new REST APIs to support current and future product requirements
- Develop data rich features that provide a view into the success of our mission
- Own and manage all the phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support)
- Collaborate effectively with your Agile Scrum teammates and technical partners
- Communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization with a focus on problem solving
- Hustle together with other motivated, mission driven engineers to serve our members and customers
- BS in Computer Science or STEM discipline
- 3+ years experience building and supporting full stack applications within a team environment
- Comfort in writing both client facing and server-side applications
- Demonstrated ability to high quality, production code in one or more languages
- Experience using various tools to ensure the quality of your own code (testing frameworks, source control practices, CI/CD)
Nice to Haves:
- Strong Node.js skills
- Experience with component-based web frameworks (Angular, React, Vue.js, et cetera)
- Familiarity with Docker or other container technologies
- History of leading or mentoring
- Shell scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell / BASH)
- Experience with networking e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc., MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, load-balancing and clustering
- AWS products - EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Redshift
- Notification platforms - APN, GCM, Twilio
- AWS Certifications
K4Connect is a high-impact, high-growth, venture-backed startup on a mission to leverage technology to empower the 1.5B older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. It all starts with our patented technology management and delivery platform, one of the most advanced in the burgeoning IoT market which delivers the latest in home automation, connected wellness, social, services and content management to those who value it the most. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. Learn more at www.k4connect.com.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- Health Care Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Stock Option Plan
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Unlimited PTO Plan (incl. Paid Holidays & K4 Days)
- Paid Week of Service
- Employee Lounge (incl. video games and foosball)
- Steady supply of snacks, coffee, and drinks
You’ll be part of a highly creative, open and fun team all passionate about making a real difference in people’s lives. If any of this resonates with you, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
K4Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.