Android Platform Engineer
- 5511 Capital Center Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
K4Connect creates solutions that serve and empower older adults and individuals living with disabilities, enhancing lives by integrating the latest in smart technologies into a single responsive system. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. At K4Connect we believe technology should be purposeful, person-centered and harmonious.
K4Connect is looking for an Android Platform Engineer to help expand on our core platform. You will be an advocate to make our clients lives “simpler, healthier and happier.” You will work on our embedded controller, APIs, and SDKs and you’ll develop the software that serves our clients every day.
About the Position:
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and deployment
- Design, review, develop, code, test, review and debug system software
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support QA
- Interface with multiple teams to design and develop
- Assess third party and open source software
- Senior Level working experience in software engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded devices
- Comfortable with building AOSP from source and developing Android services
- In-depth embedded experience with Android and Linux(userspace or kernel)
- Excellent knowledge of Android coding techniques and Network protocols
- Experience with basic bash programming
- Adequate knowledge of Git and complex workflows
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Z-Wave Protocol
- Zigbee Protocol
- Bluetooth Protocol
- Android OTA updates
K4Connect is a high impact, high growth, venture-backed startup on a mission to leverage technology to empower the 1.5B older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. It all starts with our patented technology management and delivery platform, one of the most advanced in the burgeoning IoT market which delivers the latest in home automation, connected wellness, social, services and content management to those who value it the most. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. Learn more at www.k4connect.com.
What We Offer:
- Health Care Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Retirement Saving Option
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Benefits
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holiday & K4Days
- Employee Lounge
- Steady supply of snacks, coffee, and drinks
You’ll be part of a highly creative, open and fun team all passionate about making a real difference in people’s lives. If any of this resonates with you, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
K4Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.