Senior Cloud Engineer
- 5511 Capital Center Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
K4Connect is a purpose-driven technology company that creates solutions to serve and empower older adults and individuals living with disabilities, enhancing lives by integrating the latest in smart technologies into a single responsive system. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. At K4Connect we believe technology should be purposeful, person-centered and harmonious.
K4Connect is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to develop an AWS based Software as a Service platform. Our platform uses the latest technology, such as Lambda and Kinesis, for auto-scaling, cloud formation, streaming analytics, and data storage. A Senior Cloud Engineer will materially scale our platform and leverage these technologies to improve the lives of others. Working with a great team, and the best tools, you’ll help expand our cloud services / microservices to support many great new features that serve our clients.
- Design, code, test and deploy internal and customer-facing cloud services in NodeJS
- Over 8 years of experience with cloud development and technologies
- Experience w/ AWS or similar cloud technologies such as Kinesis, Lambda, Redshift, and others
- Experience with developing microservices
- Experience using NoSQL/SQL data stores
- Familiar with a security-first/privacy-first approach to design/development
- Willing to take ownership of products from design through delivery
- Comfortable participating in team and individual code & design reviews, and helping team members continuously improve skills
- A team player
- Solid communication skills and the ability to collaborate in an agile environment
- Experience using Git
- Experience working on a CI/CD environment.
- Problem-solving skills
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Spark, Storm for real-time data analytics
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as AngularJS and/or React JS
- Experience working as a Fullstack developer
K4Connect is a high impact, high growth, venture-backed startup on a mission to leverage technology to empower the 1.5B older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. It all starts with our patented technology management and delivery platform, one of the most advanced in the burgeoning IoT market which delivers the latest in home automation, connected wellness, social, services and content management to those who value it the most. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. Learn more at www.k4connect.com.
What We Offer:
- Health Care Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Retirement Saving Option
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Benefits
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holiday & K4Days
- Unlimited Vacation Plan
- Employee Lounge
- Steady supply of snacks, coffee, and drinks
You’ll be part of a highly creative, open and fun team all passionate about making a real difference in people’s lives. If any of this resonates with you, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
K4Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.