- 5511 Capital Center Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
K4Connect creates solutions that serve and empower older adults and individuals living with disabilities, enhancing lives by integrating the latest in smart technologies into a single responsive system. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. At K4Connect we believe technology should be purposeful, person-centered and harmonious.
We are a high impact, high growth, venture-backed company on a mission to leverage technology to empower the 1.5B older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. We believe that technology is not simply reserved for the next generation, but rather should empower all generations. If you are interested in joining a committed, impassioned, intelligent and creative team that is driven to making global impact, then K4Connect may be the place for you!
Interns would assist with the following:
- Build new REST APIs to support future product requirements
- Help build a scalable data, analytics, and compute platform
- Assist in deployment of new technology to staging and production environments
- Develop automated processes to define, measure, and report on service quality, stability and capacity
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and how new technologies can be leveraged to meet our objectives
- Participate in on-call duty alongside other team members
- Collaborate in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Participate in team code reviews and design reviews
- Majoring in Computer Science or related discipline
- AWS platforms
- Shell scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell / BASH)
- Networking e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc., MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, load-balancing and clustering
- AWS products - EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Redshift
- Notification platforms - APN, GCM, Twilio
- Strong personality, willing to push forward ideas, yet a team player
K4Connect is a high impact, high growth, venture-backed startup on a mission to leverage technology to empower the 1.5B older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. It all starts with our patented technology management and delivery platform, one of the most advanced in the burgeoning IoT market which delivers the latest in home automation, connected wellness, social, services and content management to those who value it the most. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. Learn more at www.k4connect.com.
K4Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.