UX Design Intern
- 5511 Capital Center Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
K4Connect creates solutions that serve and empower older adults and individuals living with disabilities, enhancing lives by integrating the latest in smart technologies into a single responsive system. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. At K4Connect we believe technology should be purposeful, person-centered and harmonious.
We are a high impact, high growth, venture-backed company on a mission to leverage technology to empower the 1.5B older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. We believe that technology is not simply reserved for the next generation, but rather should empower all generations. If you are interested in joining a committed, impassioned, intelligent and creative team that is driven to making global impact, then K4Connect may be the place for you!
Understanding our clients’ needs and turning them into a meaningful, easy to use, and intuitive user interface is a challenging task. K4Connect is looking for a motivated and passionate user interface intern to join our team and use your skills to empower the 1.5B older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives.
Intern will assist with:
- Understanding our clients’ needs such as vision limitations, fine motor skills, and technical knowledge
- Developing user interface designs that address those needs
- Promoting best practices among the development team for usability
- Frontline graphics work including, but not limited to, mockups and editing
- Pursuing a degree in Web Development, Design, or a Related Discipline
- Familiarity with UX
- Familiarity with digital and print design principals
- Familiarity with sketch, adobe creative suite, and Microsoft office
- Observe deadline and work quickly and autonomously
- Good written and verbal communication skills
K4Connect is a high impact, high growth, venture-backed startup on a mission to leverage technology to empower the 1.5B older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. It all starts with our patented technology management and delivery platform, one of the most advanced in the burgeoning IoT market which delivers the latest in home automation, connected wellness, social, services and content management to those who value it the most. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. Learn more at www.k4connect.com.
What We Offer:
- Health Care Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Retirement Saving Option
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Benefits
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holiday & K4Days
- Unlimited Vacation Plan
- Employee Lounge
- Steady supply of snacks, coffee, and drinks
You’ll be part of a highly creative, open and fun team all passionate about making a real difference in people’s lives!
K4Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.