Automation Systems Developer Intern
- 5511 Capital Center Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
K4Connect creates solutions that serve and empower older adults and individuals living with disabilities, enhancing lives by integrating the latest in smart technologies into a single responsive system. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. At K4Connect we believe technology should be purposeful, person-centered and harmonious.
We are a high impact, high growth, venture-backed company on a mission to leverage technology to empower the 1.5B older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. We believe that technology is not simply reserved for the next generation, but rather should empower all generations. If you are interested in joining a committed, impassioned, intelligent and creative team that is driven to making global impact, then K4Connect may be the place for you!
Quality code is critical to the success of software product or company, yet more importantly, it is critical to our clients as we work to make their lives simply, healthier and happier. K4Connect is looking for an Automation Systems Developer Intern to help ensure our product serves our clients well every time they use it, even under some of the most challenging environments. Ideal candidates for this position will take ownership and dedicate themselves fully to reducing the time to deliver high-quality software.
Intern would assist with the following:
- Collaborate with software development team to build a comprehensive test strategy with an automated approach for new features as well as to maintain existing regression test suites
- Build a comprehensive test strategy for assuring quality and interoperability of various IoT hardware devices with our software platform
- Attend project meetings and contribute by reporting on test automation development progress, blockers, bugs and risks
- Review code changes as they are made to become familiar with the implementation in order to determine best testing practices
- Promote QA best practices in collaboration with software development team
- Advocate for our end-users throughout the product lifecycle
- Majoring in Computer Science or related discipline
- Working knowledge of automating and testing consumer-facing applications, embedded systems, and/or cloud services in a fast-paced development environment
- Experience applying critical thinking skills to solve complex problems
- Proven willingness to do in-depth research; Continuous learner
- Passionate about testing and debugging software
- Takes responsibility for the area of work and the outcomes
- Experience resolving problems in hardware-software integration is a plus
- Understanding of IoT devices, standards, and protocols is a plus
- Experience with Selenium Web Driver
- Experience with one or more open source testing frameworks
K4Connect is a high impact, high growth, venture-backed startup on a mission to leverage technology to empower the 1.5B older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. It all starts with our patented technology management and delivery platform, one of the most advanced in the burgeoning IoT market which delivers the latest in home automation, connected wellness, social, services and content management to those who value it the most. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. Learn more at www.k4connect.com.
K4Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.