Senior Java Developer
- Nashville, TN, USA
JumpCrew is helping businesses across the U.S. grow into thriving organizations. By building awareness, growing leads and closing sales, we are able to accelerate the sales of our partners. JumpCrew is hiring energized employees to join us in the continued evolution of our marketing and sales solutions for business of all sizes.
A successful Software Developer must be technically-inclined, a great problem-solver, and possess excellent interpersonal relationship skills. As a Senior Developer on the AHRN team, you'll create, enhance, and support an ecosystem of applications that ultimately drive millions of interactions with AHRNs military members each day. You are a wonderful leader and are extremely reliable. You should also work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
A successful Developer will be able to take a high traffic system and create the needed cloud resources to recreate the environment and be able to identify the separation between services and how microservice architecture will communicate with each other in a spring boot environment. We are in the process of re-architecting our monolithic PHP application into a microservice architecture built primarily in Java. We are building a in house team currently to be able to do this. In your role you will help define and implement this new phase of AHRN and lead the way into a better architecture. We currently have a massive database with millions of rows where data needs to be transferred and rebuilt, you will help with this transition, maintain and add to the new database structure.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies.
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns.
- Understanding of various coding methods and computer languages.
- Data modeling and database design experience.
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes.
- Experience with service oriented architecture (SOA).
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Mentor junior staff / team lead.
- Help lead AHRN to a better future through database architecture and development.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Prior experience of 5 - 15 years in software development preferred.
- Built high scale microservices in a high user traffic environment.
- Helped build large database structures for microservices in past experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in Java 8 programming language.
- Software development experience / deep understanding of Spring Boot.
- Practical experience / understanding of Digital Ocean, AWS, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Understanding of scalable continuous delivery systems such as CircleCI, Jenkins and Pipelines.
- Additional experience in React JS preferred but not mandatory.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Understanding of and experience with Agile methodology, specifically scrum with jira.
- Excellent SQL skills primarily using mysql, and use of object mapping tools such as hibernate, eclipselink, jooq and mybatis is a plus.
JumpCrew works to help business grow. We’re experts at sales, integrated marketing and social media who partner with businesses to increase engagement with prospects and clients, and increase revenue.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.