- Ikeja Way, Dolphine Estate, Lagos, Nigeria
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia's ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Tasks and duties
- You are in charge of the daily reconciliation of cash collections from riders, this consists in:
- making sure that all delivered orders have been paid for
- verifying the payment method indicated by the delivery associates and the corresponding cash / POS remittance
- booking all collections in CPMT against the list of orders delivered
- You are responsible for the cash collected and its timely remittance to the Finance team
- at the end of each day, you will remit the cash collected to FETS and get a proof of deposit
- you will transfer this proof of deposit to the Finance team and create a payment in CPMT
- You are responsible of the accuracy of the balances of each rider and your hub
- all collections must be completed and recorded the same day
- at the beginning of each day, you will report the collections of the previous day and share the list of any outstanding collections
You will publish daily remittance collection pending report by riders from cpmt. The information will be used by the city managers to chase the recovery from the reported riders daily with necessary actions if needed.
- Great attention to details
- Rigorous and won't close business before making sure all orders are reconciled and cash is collected.
- Full collection of payments will be his/her responsibility.
- 1-2 years experience
- BSc in Accounting or any related course