Brand to Store Area Sales Representative
- Nigerian Port Authoriy, Apapa, Apapa Quays, Lagos, Nigeria
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia's ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
JForce is a physical sales and marketing channel.
- A network of 80,000 sales consultants placing orders on Jumia on behalf of other people. On each order they place, they earn a commission.
- A network of 100 offline stores where customers can come Place & Collect orders
The objective through this network is to overcome e-commerce main challenges of internet access, how to place an order online and trust. Therefore, JForce is a key acquisition channel for new customers, partners, and sellers.
Finally, JForce program has the aim of empowering entrepreneurs and generating employment through the full support of Jumia established a brand.
Jumia JForce team is there to lead the consultant network to grow through marketing and commercial initiative.
Jumia through JForce is launching a new business line to support brands reach retailers in a more efficient way. Jumia will act as a distributor, allowing retailers to buy their full assortment at distributor price.
With the support of Area sales representatives, Jumia will acquire & train stores to Jumia e-commerce platform.
The JForce brand to store Area Sales Representative will be responsible for kicking off a new business line delivering world-class customer experience to stores thanks to a deep understanding of the offline retail industry and Jumia.
The JForce Store Recruiter will report into Head of Brand to Store and will work closely with the Head of Offline Sales.
Your position as JForce Brand to Store Area Sales Representative entails:
- Identification and recruitment of new Stores in your given location.
- Support recruited stores to place orders on Jumia platform.
- Train the stores on all Jumia dimension (e.g. delivery timeline, how to place an order, how to track the order, etc.).
- Drive autonomy within your network of stores. The objective is that stores place orders by themselves.
- Collection of data about the store (e.g. location, type of business, size, brands available, etc.)
- Management of performance and relationship with the network of stores (drive sales and autonomy)
- Daily reports on the performance vs target and action to be taken during the week.
- Propose innovative processes involving marketing push and communication channels to improve delivery on growth objectives.
- Strong knowledge of Nigerian offline market (both grey and structured)
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate, convince & train stores to place orders through Jumia.
- Very strong sales skills to lead negotiation and deliver on objectives.
- Fast learner and well organized
- Resistant to stress
- Performance-driven, action & result oriented.
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations.