Customer Service Intern
- Lagos, Nigeria, Lagos, LA, Nigeria
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia's ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking to recruit a Customer Service Intern. This is a learning experience with the team of passionate, fun and energetic people who save the day for 150 million customers one call at a time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum BSC degree in any field
- 1-2 years experience in Customer Relationship Management will be a plus.
- Ability to speak Hausa is a plus.
- Computer skills including the ability to use spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a basic proficient level
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and in team environments
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Exceptional customer service and follow up skills