Digital Marketing/Video Production Intern
- 372 S Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452, USA
Jpixx Video Agency: Jpixx specializes in custom content messaging through cinematic narratives and high-energy edits. Our distinct vision pushes the boundaries of integrated media and we are known for our ability to apply the most effective video execution to the project at hand. With exceptional camera work, motion graphics, video editing and design, our work targets a diverse audience who value authenticity and crave an emotional connection bringing everyday people and places into extraordinary light. See how we Capture Life Creatively here: jpixx.com
Do you have a keen eye for capturing beautiful imagery when creating video, video edits, photography and design? Are you a strategic thinker with a creative knack for crafting stories and visuals who knows your way around social media? Do you want to be among other video creators, learn hands-on with a team assisting on set, while at the same time amass a greater body of photo and video work for your portfolio? Are you a self-starter who works well on your own and known to be a good communicator? (self-starter is especially necessary as we split work in the office and can have some remote work as well with Pandemic protocol) Jpixx, is looking for someone like you to join our team!
This internship will be through the end of 2021 and continue to March 2022, approximately 5 months, and will focus on engaging our audience to our company and brand in a visually appealing way on social media and other ways. The candidate will attend shoots on location and perform as a production assistant on set while also implementing marketing initiatives and working remotely from their home as well as some in-office time when not on shoots.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Must be a recent grad or motivated self-taught video person or similar or working toward a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Digital Media, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Writing, Graphic Design, Photography, Video or related fields.
- Able to work at least 40 hours per week with flexibility within schedule for occasional nights, weekends, schedule changes and potential travel. Due to this schedule a recent graduate is ideal to be able to handle the flexible schedule for the full term. Continuous weekly commitments within weekdays are very hard to work around - due to travel and production hours - ideally you will be able to focus on this opportunity fully.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, along with a positive attitude and self-motivation.
- An ability to effectively communicate with team members and strong writing skills.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Canva, Publisher, Illustrator or other graphic design programs.
- Must have excellent proof reading, willingness to take initiative, think creatively and solve problems.
- Ability to function well in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work efficiently remotely, on location in Virginia Beach area and beyond and in our office.
- Familiarity with social media applications and best practices (Blogs, Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, Twitter, YouTube).
- An understanding of basic marketing principles.
- Technical ability and knowledge of photography.
- Comfort with communicating with internal partners at all levels and as well as an external audience.
The ideal intern candidate is willing to jump right in - and is very comfortable with cameras; what makes a dynamic composition and how to make the most of available light. Also would know what needs to go into an edit to capture audience attention and tell the story. Will work well independently and is not afraid to ask for what they need as we are a small business and all working on many things at once from our home or at the office, when not on shoots on location. They will have a strong ability to problem solve, multi-task and collaborate with others. We are looking for someone well-versed in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Instagram etc.), and will have a desire to get deep into content creation and continue to hone their craft alongside a team of professionals this season!
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Internal training, access to tutorials.
- Connect with the community through our contacts and on-site visits around the area.
- Contribute to some non-profit and worthwhile causes.
- Gain greater knowledge with video marketing and new technologies such as live video and virtual reality.
- Crew meals on duty.
- Able for some work remotely (but must live in Virginia Beach area for many in-person occasions).
IF INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Send us your info, with your resume attached through the job posting.
- Send a short intro note about yourself -- nothing generic, we want to get a sense of who you really are - also include your availability this season through March, what you like most about content creation, video production and digital marketing and why you are interested in this position.
- Pass along any relevant links about you, that we should check out. Writing samples, social media samples, photo and video samples.
No phone calls, or unexpected visits, please - please message through the job app if needed, this will keep communications together. Thanks in advance!
****The first 25 hours each week for these intern months is an unpaid internship, beyond those hours (average is 45 hours weekly) it is paid (part-time job rates), but a great opportunity to gain practical experience. We are small and busy company and take only one intern at a time which allows us the ability to give a very more responsibility and hands-on training than internships with bigger companies. Extremely immersive experience with this integral role, past interns have learned so much and you will too.
**We will work with students with college credit if possible.
Jpixx LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.