Digital Marketing/Video Production Internship
- 372 S Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452, USA
Jpixx Video Agency: Jpixx specializes in custom content messaging through cinematic narratives and high-energy edits. Our distinct vision pushes the boundaries of integrated media and we are known for our ability to apply the most effective video execution to the project at hand. With exceptional camera work, motion graphics, video editing and design, our work targets a diverse audience who value authenticity and crave an emotional connection bringing everyday people and places into extraordinary light. See how we Capture Life Creatively here: jpixx.com
Do you enjoy creating photography, video and design and know something about posting on social media for a club or business? Are you a strategic thinker with a creative eye for crafting stories and visuals? Do you want to learn hands-on with a team assisting on set, while at the same time amass a greater body of photo and video work for your portfolio? Are you a self-starter who works well on your own and known to be a good communicator and how to ask for what you need? (this is especially necessary as we are currently continuing to be working some remotely with Pandemic protocol) Jpixx, is looking for someone like you to join our team!
This internship will be for the Spring and through the summer, hopefully beginning in early May, approximately 4 months, and will focus on engaging our audience to our company and brand in a visually appealing way on social media and other ways. The candidate will attend shoots on location and perform as a production assistant on set while also implementing marketing initiatives and working remotely from their home as well as some in-office time when not on shoots.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Must be a recent grad or similar or working toward a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Digital Media, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Writing, Graphic Design, Photography, Video or related fields.
- Able to work at least 40 hours per week with flexibility within schedule for occasional nights, weekends, schedule changes and potential travel. Due to this schedule a recent graduate is ideal to be able to handle the flexible schedule for the full term. Continuous weekly commitments are very hard to work around - due to travel and production hours - ideally you will be able to focus on this opportunity fully.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, along with a positive attitude and self-motivation.
- An ability to effectively communicate with team members.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Canva, Publisher, Illustrator or other graphic design programs.
- Must have excellent proof reading, willingness to take initiative, think creatively and solve problems.
- Ability to function well in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work efficiently remotely, on location and in our office.
- Familiarity with social media applications and best practices (Blogs, Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, Twitter, YouTube).
- An understanding of basic marketing principles.
- Technical ability and knowledge of photography.
- Comfort with communicating with internal partners at all levels and as well as an external audience.
The ideal intern candidate is willing to jump right in - will work well independently and is not afraid to ask for what they need as we are a small business and all working on many things at once from our home when not on shoots on location. They will have a strong ability to problem solve, multi-task and collaborate with others. We are looking for someone well-versed in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Instagram etc.), and will have a desire to learn in the marketing field this season!
Opportunities for advancement.
Internal training, access to tutorials.
Connect with the community through our contacts and on-site visits around the area.
Contribute to some non-profit and worthwhile causes.
Gain greater knowledge with video marketing and new technologies such as live video and virtual reality.
Crew meals on duty.
Able for some work remotely.
IF INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Send us your info, with your resume attached through the job posting.
- Send a short intro note about yourself -- nothing generic, we want to get a sense of who you really are - also include your availability this season through Sept., what you like most about marketing and why you are interested in this position.
- Pass along any relevant links about you, that we should check out. Writing samples, social media samples, photo and video samples.
No phone calls, or unexpected visits, please - please message through the job app if needed, this will keep communications together. Thanks in advance!
****The first 25 hours each week for these intern months is an unpaid internship, beyond those hours (average is 45 hours weekly) it is paid (part-time job rates), but a great opportunity to gain practical experience. We are small and busy company and take only one intern at a time which allows us the ability to give more responsibility and hands-on training than internships with bigger companies. Extremely immersive experience with this integral role, past interns have learned so much and you will too.
**We will work with students on college credit if possible.
Jpixx LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.