Video Editor Lead
- 372 S Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452, USA
Jpixx Video Agency: Jpixx specializes in custom content messaging through cinematic narratives and high-energy edits. Our distinct vision pushes the boundaries of integrated media and we are known for our ability to apply the most effective video execution to the project at hand. With exceptional camera work, motion graphics, video editing and design, our work targets a diverse audience who value authenticity and crave an emotional connection bringing everyday people and places into extraordinary light. See how we Capture Life Creatively here: jpixx.com
Is video editing your first love and your best skill? Do you also enjoy a team environment and variety in your work?
If you are a master chef in the edit bay using your sharpened talents to chop the best story possible with sweetened sound, savory music mix-down, stylized color and spicy motion graphics, but you’d like to expand the editing process outside your bubble and share the process with a team through education, connectivity and collaboration, this could be the opportunity for you.
Be an integral part of a business that is growing and deeply connected to the community. With a dedicated close-knit and fun creative team located in the heart of Virginia Beach, Jpixx aims to provide businesses with an expansive set of high-end video production solutions catered specifically to meet their digital needs.
At times, this can be a fast-paced climate with some long days and longer render-times, but it is also immensely rewarding to create brand messaging for every type of business that can move people and change minds in a supportive work environment. If this sounds like the kind of career opportunity you can take root in and grow with us, we want to hear from you.
What you will do:
- Exhibit exceptional post production skills, advanced in Adobe Premiere and After Effects, proficient in Audition, Photoshop and Color Theory
- This position will be approximately 75% spent personally editing/post production work and 25% providing editorial feedback to peers, communicating, planning post/tech and working with the team.
- Be well versed with the ability to edit videos that are various lengths, styles and subject matters, skilled at all that we do across the digital video spectrum.
- Oversee development across dozens of projects at once, throughout various stages, and to complete projects on-time and on-budget.
- Guide projects, timelines, and be a creative leader within our post-production workflow.
- Effectively build and manage relationships with the team, producers and Creative Director to help move projects toward the finish line.
- Provide guidance for junior staff/freelancers/interns working with multiple editors with a range of skill and personalities.
- Be patient with the process. This is a newly created position, so be ready to jump in and take the ball and run with it. Offer open and insightful organizational adjustments and know that the position may evolve as we shift around to maximize the new role.
- Provide foresight, planning and execution for motion graphics in production and in pre-production stages.
- Have a firm grasp of on-set etiquette along with strong production knowledge experience; when on set be able to carry out multiple roles to help the team…no job is too small.
- Stay on top of the latest technology and video solutions, knowledge of switching live streams, immersive media and virtual learning.
- Maintain and improve the way our editing systems are connected and how to maximize speed and efficiency from ingest to export. Assist the company with IT functions when needed.
- Highly Proficient with editing software and the Adobe CC, specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, and Photoshop on a Mac Platform.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional editorial video experience in a high-volume environment.
- At least one year of Agency Experience, working in advertising or marketing and in an environment carrying out client’s goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Video-Making or relevant equivalent experience of the same amount of time.
- Strong editing reel, with proven capacity in polished commercial, industrial, event and documentary work.
- Living and working in Virginia Beach; in our open-concept office (some remote work - during Pandemic).
- Potential for travel nationally and internationally.
- Occasional evening and weekend work and hours beyond the 9-5 involved in this position based on particular deadlines, travel or events.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Bring a high-level post-production skills to the job from day one - inspiring creative direction and pushing the production value of our entire portfolio upwards.
- Have razor-sharp focus and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a positive thinker, self-driven and thrives on the thrill of a challenge across a variety of mediums.
- Enjoy working within the marketing realm of video and have the experience working on a multitude of projects with clients.
- Be a champion of software shortcuts and demonstrate expert technical prowess to meet tight deadlines, while critiquing and polishing work that spans the gamut of complex storylines, dramatic subject matter, straight-forward educational training and action-driven highlight coverage and promotion.
- Possess solid judgement and bring a relentlessly upbeat attitude to the team to contribute towards, collaborate, inspire and lend a helping hand to full-timers, freelancers and interns with patience and humility.
- Have the technical proficiency to oversee/tackle/troubleshoot and maintain an inter-connected post-production environment with multiple editing suites and a library of assets.
Color Grading, Camera Operation, Marketing Savviness, Copywriting, Directing, Graphic Design, Art Direction, Interviewing Skills, Photography, Director of Photography, Drone and/or drone certified, Production Design and/or prop making, Ability to apply set makeup, wardrobe artist.
- Paid time-off: holidays, vacation and sick days.
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Opportunities for flex time, Internal training, mentorship, access to industry education.
IF INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Send a link to recent relevant video work with a description of what your role was for the examples sent. If you send a reel, would also like to see complete video examples. Applicants who do not share their video work will not be considered.
- Send a note to introduce yourself, please include any "complimentary experiences" you may have (listed above, or above and beyond the list) you may have. --- If you don't live in the Virginia Beach area and you choose to apply anyway, please address this! This will be an in-person job. (I am sorry we don't provide a moving allowance for this position).
Here at Jpixx we are a very close-knit community and we take our hiring process very seriously. We look at every application thoroughly - we will communicate through this job platform to keep communication alongside your application so make sure you have it routed to an email that you check regularly.
We may reach out to ask for further information and will have multiple interviews before making the hiring decision. Because of the potential volume of applicants, we will do our best to update and respond in a timely manner but please know that we appreciate your interest even if a position isn’t an immediate fit.
No phone calls, or unexpected visits, please - please message through the job app if needed, this will keep communications together. Thanks in advance!
Jpixx LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.