Post Production Video Lead
- 372 S Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452, USA
Jpixx Video-Led Marketing Agency: Jpixx specializes in cinematic narratives and modern-day messaging. Our distinct vision pushes the boundaries of integrated media and we are known in the region for stylized narratives and larger-than-life story-based messaging with exceptional camera work, motion graphics, video editing and design. Our work targets a diverse audience who value authenticity and crave an emotional connection bringing everyday people and places into extraordinary light. See how we Capture Life Creatively here: http://jpixx.com
Is editing your first love, but you feel like you can accomplish more with a team? Are you able to take it to the next level in the edit bay, using your honed talents to sweeten sound, mix music, stylize with color and layer in motion graphics? Are you capable of developing ideas with peers to elevate their work? Can you also provide creative leadership for shoots/script writing and ideation? Are you familiar with all aspects of commercial production - shooting, producing, directing, being grip, capturing audio or even running live video - whatever may be needed for the day? Do you relish the idea of not having to worry about budgeting, sales and self-promotion? Are you in your element speaking to clients, pitching concepts and coordinating a project through to completion when needed?
Be an integral part of business that is growing and connected to the community. With a dedicated and fun creative team located in the heart of Virginia Beach, Jpixx aims to provide businesses with an expansive set of high-end video production solutions catered specifically to meet their digital needs.
At times, this can be a fast-paced climate with long days and longer render-times, but it is also immensely rewarding to create brand messaging that can move people and change minds - and do it in a work environment that is supportive and fun. If this sounds like the kind of career opportunity you can take root in, then we want to hear from you.
What you will do:
- Exhibit exceptional post production execution, advanced in Adobe Premiere and After Affects, proficient in Audition, Lumetri and Photoshop.
- We feel this position will be approximately 60-70% spent personally editing/post production work, 10% on set and 20-30% supervising, ideation and planning.
- Be well versed and able to edit videos that are various lengths, styles and subject matters, all that we do across the digital spectrum.
- Oversee development across dozens of projects, throughout various stages, ability to schedule all necessary factors to complete projects on time.
- Supervise projects, timelines, and be a creative leader within our postproduction workflow.
- Effectively build and manage relationships with clients, the team, producers and Creative Director to help move projects forward.
- Represent the Creative Marketing team at meetings, providing meaningful input to best support a project and our clients.
- Provide mentoring of junior staff/freelancers/interns working with multiple editors of different skill and personalities.
- Provide storyboarding, ideation, scriptwriting and copywriting to communicate vision.
- Be patient with the process. This is a newly created position, be ready to jump in and take the ball and run with it. Offer open and insightful organizational adjustments and know that the position may evolve as we all shift around the new role.
- Provide foresight and planning (special affects supervise) and execution for motion graphics in production and in pre-production stages.
- Have a firm grasp of on-set etiquette along with strong production knowledge experience.
- Run live streams, immersive media, virtual learning and stay on top of the latest technology and video solutions.
- Manage, maintain and improve the way our editing systems are connected and how to maximize speed and efficiency from ingest to export.
- Be able to carry out multiple roles on set that help the team - picking up a camera to capture footage, grip, produce, etc… no job is too small.
- Be understanding that being on set could be very secondary and limited due to post production remaining the priority of this role.
- Highly Proficient with editing software and the Adobe CC, specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, and Photoshop in a Mac Platform.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional editorial video experience in a high-volume environment.
- At least one year of Agency Experience, working in advertising or marketing and experience leading a team and being in a supervisory role in an environment carrying out clients goals.
- Bachelors Degree in Video-Making or relevant equivalent experience of the same amount of time.
- Strong editing reel, with proven capacity in commercial, industrial, event and documentary work.
- Working in our Virginia Beach open concept office.
- Some travel nationally and internationally.
- Some required evening and weekend work and hours beyond the 9-5 involved in this position based on deadlines, weather, magic hour outdoor lighting needs etc….
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Bring master-level post-production skills to the job from day one - inspiring creative direction and pushing our production value to new heights.
- Have razor-sharp focus and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a positive thinker, self-driven and thrives on the thrill of a challenge.
- Enjoy the unique challenges of working within the marketing realm of video and have the experience working on a multitude of projects with clients, communicating clear and effective messaging and bringing ideas to life by working closely with directors, peers and outside agencies.
- Be a champion of software shortcuts and demonstrate expert technical prowess to meet tight deadlines, while critiquing and polishing work that spans the gamut of complex storylines, dramatic subject matter, straight-forward educational training and action-driven highlight coverage and promotion.
- Possess solid judgement and bring a relentlessly upbeat attitude to the team to lead, contribute towards, collaborate, inspire and lend a teaching hand to full-timers, freelancers and interns with patience and humility.
- Have the technical proficiency to oversee/tackle/troubleshoot and maintain an inter-connected post-production environment with multiple editing suites and a library of assets. Candidate will not be afraid of live-streaming, immersive media, drone capture, green screen, cinema cameras, and high-end production tools.
Color Grading, Marketing Savviness, Copywriting, Directing, Graphic Design, Art Direction, Interviewing Skills, Web Design and Development, Photography, Director of Photography, Drone and/or drone certified, Production Design and/or prop making, Ability to apply set makeup, wardrobe artist.
- Paid time off: holidays, vacation and sick days.
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Opportunities for flex time, Internal training, mentorship, access to industry education.
IF INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Send a link to recent relevant video work with a description of what your role was for the examples sent. Applicants who do not share their video work will not be considered.
- Send a note to introduce yourself, please include any "complimentary experiences" you may have (listed above, or above and beyond the list) you may have. --- If you don't live in the Virginia Beach area and you choose to apply anyway, please address this! (I am sorry we don't provide a moving allowance for this position).
Here at Jpixx we are a very close knit community and we work very closely with one another and we take our hiring process very seriously. We look at every application thoroughly - we will communicate through this job platform to keep communication alongside your application. We may reach out to ask for further information and will have several rounds of interviews. Because of potential volume of applicants, we may not always respond with as much info as we would like, but please know that we appreciate your interest even if a position isn’t an immediate fit.
No phone calls, or un-expected visits, please.
Jpixx LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.