- 372 S Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452, USA
Jpixx Video-Led Marketing Agency: Jpixx specializes in cinematic narratives and modern-day messaging. Our distinct vision pushes the boundaries of integrated media and we are known in the region for stylized narratives and larger-than-life story-based messaging with exceptional camera work, motion graphics, video editing and design. Our work targets a diverse audience who value authenticity and crave an emotional connection bringing everyday people and places into extraordinary light. See how we Capture Life Creatively here: http://jpixx.com
Are you addicted to getting behind a camera and framing up the shot just right with technical precision? Do you love crafting a story not only through powerful visuals, but utilizing sound design, motion graphics and perfectly placed J-cuts? Do you thrive in a busy environment where no two days are the same? Do you crave working alongside other like-minded co-artists whom inspire you, push you to do better every day, and who are as passionate and dedicated to creating high quality content as you are?
Jpixx is seeking a Full-Time Video-making machine with a background in creating top notch video content and stoked to grow alongside a rapidly developing video marketing agency, working with a variety of clients both locally and abroad.
You will be working daily with our talented team through all stages of production. Everyone has a role to play through each stage of production, so wearing multiple hats will be necessary. Advanced editing and shooting skills are a must. At times, this can be a fast-paced climate with long days, but it is also immensely rewarding to create messaging that can move people and change minds - and do it in a work environment that is supportive and fun.
- Experienced shooter with the ability to work quickly and operate Canon DSLR’s and Cinema Cameras
- Proficient in Video Editing (Adobe Premiere); able to articulate story and edit with inspiration.
- Ability to shoot documentary-style/event/run & gun as well as staged shots with lighting and storyboarding.
- Proficient with LED Lighting
- Build, use and maintain 3-axis stabilization rigs (MoVI Pro)
- Archiving and organizing footage, backing up drives, and logging clips
- Working at Virginia Beach office and traveling out of the area, out of state and country to film on location.
- Flexible hours will be required outside of the regular work week, such as occasional early mornings, late nights and weekends.
- Interacting with professionals and creative teams
- General production assistance, and the ability to build, organize and maintain gear
- Adaptable in large and small group settings and the unexpected
- Knowledge of Mac OS
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of work experience within video
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- A background in Video Production
- Proficient with editing software and the Adobe CC, specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and Lightroom
- Experience working with creative teams to develop ideas and execute strategies
- Understanding of marketing principles and short form video.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Bring essential technical skills to hit the ground running.
- Feel comfortable working within a team as well as independently to structure your own time and stay on task.
- Experienced or have the confidence to tackle/troubleshoot/handle live-streaming, VR, drone and other new and immersive video formats.
- Must be dependable and reliable, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, a willingness to seek out and hone new skills.
- An intrinsic interest in creating the best product possible while still considering time a-lotted.
- Have strong examples of work showing and listing ability in different roles.
- Someone living or willing to live within the Virginia Beach area year-round.
- They will be eager to continue to grow and do what the job entails, while having leadership skills.
- Carry an ever positive "can-do" attitude
- Be a proactive self-starter who is always learning
- Be professional and able to speak with a variety of people
- Director of Photography
- Marketing Savviness
- Graphic Design
- Color Correction and Color Grading
- Sound Design
- Motion Graphics
- Potential to lead, direct and manage
- Ability to apply set makeup
- Production Design
- Creative Writing, screenwriting, copywriting
- Journalistic Writing and Interviewing Skills
- Web Design and Development
- Paid time off: holidays, vacation and sick days.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Opportunities for flex time.
- Internal training, mentorship, access to industry education.
- Connect with the community through our vast array of contacts and on-site visits around the area.
- Contribute to non-profit and worthwhile causes.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Crew meals on duty.
- Fun travel/trips.
- Company-wide events, attendance and working of area events.
- Relaxed company culture with occasional team-wide projects and social gatherings.
IF INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Send us your info, with your resume attached through the job posting.
- Send your portfolio, demo reel, and/or samples of your work with a description of what your role was for each example sent, preferably in the message part of your application - alongside your cover letter. (If you don't share any work in any part of your application, sorry but we can't consider you for this role).
- Send a cover letter about yourself -- nothing generic, give us a sense of who you really are; include why you are interested in this position and list "complimentary experiences" (listed above) you may have. (The message area is an ideal place to include your cover letter).--- If you don't live in the Virginia Beach area and you choose to apply anyway, please address this in your cover letter as well! (I am sorry we don't provide a moving allowance for this position).
No phone calls, or un-expected visits, please.
*This is a salaried position and our budget for this role is set. Salary range is based primarily on the stage of growth we are currently experiencing. The ideal candidate will value the ability to receive varied experiences, team work and sharpening of skills (on top of their experience in the field). This position will be an integral part of our company. We are dedicated to fostering a great company culture and this is a rare opportunity to gain experience immersed in an exciting field with amazing people.
Jpixx LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.