- 372 S Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452, USA
Jpixx Video Marketing Agency: Jpixx specializes in cinematic narratives and progressive messaging. Jpixx's distinct vision pushes the boundaries of integrated media, leading the region in stylized camera work, motion graphics, video editing and design. Our work targets a diverse and modern audience who value authenticity and crave an emotional connection bringing everyday people and places into extraordinary light. See how we Capture Life Creatively here: http://jpixx.com
Do people marvel at your attention to detail, problem solving ability and time management? Are you able to transition and handle many different tasks all at the same time?
Do you think spreadsheets, reports and lists are a thing of beauty? Are you good with numbers and understand the financial aspect of businesses? Have you ever prepared complex plans to find out later that your foresight and preparation saved the day?
Are you very independent - knowing what to do next, anticipating needs, prioritizing on your own like a champ but also comfortable helping manage others, devising and showing ways for them to work better within the team? Are you constantly thinking of how something could improve or new ways to do things and are you comfortable leading the changes into fruition? Do you work well with people, and are you excellent at touching base and communicating with team members and supervisors, running weekly meetings to make sure everyone is on the same page?
We are a team of busy creatives who need help facilitating our expanding production/communication needs. At our small and growing company - we need an organizational guru who can keep tabs on everything that is going on in the company - keeping communication channels open and clear for the rest of the team - making sure each job is moving forward to completion.
What you’ll do:
How is this role different from typical office manager roles?
- Will be doing pre-production work/organizing/assisting with casting and making call sheets.
- This role will remain primarily in the office, but there may be times where you visit crew on set for a short time to deliver items/lunch or check in with the team from time to time - to ensure consistency (with so many other roles being in and out).
- Will be checking in/communicating and sometimes managing the follow through with artist-types (whose organization capacity may not be their super power (like you)).
- We have a casual friendly work environment and may do things a little differently than a typical office e.g. you will be amidst the hum of editing machines and the ping pong ball bounces in the background.
- You will have support but humility will be necessary - We are too small to have an admin support staff at this time - you will be the entire admin team; getting the door, answering the phone/checking messages, maintaining supplies, occasionally setting up lunches and clean-up will need your lead.
- You will be updating our cloud-based internal communications software continually to make sure jobs are moving forward, changes are notated and accounted for to smooth operations - not allowing anything to be dropped.
- We use only Macs in our office, you will use Quickbooks online and online banking and other new and emerging software.
- This is a deadline driven environment, you will be running daily personal and weekly office-wide meetings to go over needed info.
- This is a newly created position and will require your initiative to fill out the role. You must be patient with the process - will have to impart a lot of knowledge from busy staff and move job functions. We will be looking to you to fit within our current structure - working closely with our entire staff to build better strategies and methods to increase productivity and communication among departments that aid in daily operations.
- Office conditions change frequently. You may be the only person in the office one day and there may be 15 people in the office the next.
- Spreadsheets, but some that consist of locations, actors and props.
- Receive incoming communications (phone, email, etc..) help manage and ensure a timely response.
- Interpret deadlines, managing and monitoring the steps to achieve them.
- Input communications via our project management software to increase awareness of projects company-wide.
- Reach out and respond to clients directly.
- Communicate and coordinate with subcontractors.
- investigate holes, communicate things that could be better and streamline processes.
- Help construct proposals for prospective jobs.
- Be trusted with sensitive and confidential information.
- Invoice clients when jobs are completed.
- Interpret what needs to go into to future jobs to determine and format estimates.
- Excellent people skills, communication and writing clear emails.
- Apply to awards, contests and film festivals.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to keep the office organized.
- Additional tasks as needed.
- Be highly organized and responsible
- Have video-making knowledge/background basis/experience to come in and hit the ground running. Or super fast learner/quick study.
- Have some interest in learning more about the ad agency/video world and be quick to delve into this information
- Be eager and have a positive attitude
- Be an independent self-motivated person
- Excel at time management, attention to detail and problem solving
- Able to work best hours for the office
- Have excellent writing and proof-reading abilities, and be able to write with voice and nuances for emails
- Be great with spreadsheets and boiling down the complex into simple bite sized chunks
- Know what needs to be done and do it
- Not be afraid to ask questions and learn new things
- Be willing to teach yourself something you don’t know
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy startup environment, being part of a team and working with creative individuals
- Work well with people
- Be flexible - we have morning and evening events, weekend jobs and travel weeks where we may need you to be available to communicate and respond to needs/put out fires as they come up.
- Not be a pushover - will have to keep people on point in a nice way
- Be able to pickup industry speak and decipher incoming information
- Be extremely dependable, reliable and accountable
- Enjoy seeing your impact as a valuable team-member
*Comfortable using and learning new technologies and turns to technology to solve problems, proficient in google drive and quick books (or similar) but not limited to these.
*Equivalent Experience or Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, Producing etc...or related degree.
*Be able to prioritize and handle things independently at a high capacity, especially when management cannot be reached.
Optional Complimentary Experiences to Mention:
- Traffic (workflow) Management
- Marketing Savviness
- Account Executive
- Project Manager
- Graphic Design
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Media Awareness
- Technical Writing
- Paid time off: holidays, vacation and sick days.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Opportunities for flex time.
- Connect with the community through our vast array of contacts, on-site visits around the area and networking opportunities.
- Contribute to non-profit and worthwhile causes.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Company-wide events, attendance and working of area events.
- Relaxed company culture with occasional team-wide projects and social gatherings.
IF INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Send us your info, with your resume attached through the job posting.
2. Send a cover letter about yourself -- nothing generic, give us a sense of who you really are; include why you are interested in this position, any knowledge/experience with video work and explain complimentary experiences you may have - listed above. This position will take place in Virginia Beach, there is no moving allowance, if you live elsewhere and are still interested please speak to this in your cover letter. Thank you.
No phone calls, please.
*This is a salaried position and our budget for this role is set. Salary is based primarily on the early stage of growth we are currently experiencing. The ideal candidate will value working with amazing people, aiding with important and interesting work. This position will be an integral part our company. We are dedicated to fostering a great company culture and this is a rare opportunity to be part of an exciting field.
Jpixx LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.