- 372 S Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452, USA
Jpixx Video Marketing Agency: Jpixx specializes in cinematic narratives and progressive messaging. Jpixx's distinct vision pushes the boundaries of integrated media, leading the region in stylized camera work, motion graphics, video editing and design. Our work targets a diverse and modern audience who value authenticity and crave an emotional connection bringing everyday people and places into extraordinary light. See how we Capture Life Creatively here: http://jpixx.com
Do people marvel at your attention to detail and time management as if you are anticipating and catching the sparks zipping off the side of a fast moving machine? Do you love a challenge and like variety from week to week? Are you very independent knowing what to do next, prioritizing on your own like a champ, finding new things that need to be addressed and taking care of them? Are you good with people, enjoy being around and helping them and excellent at touching base and checking in to make sure details aren’t missed? Do you enjoy researching, writing and looking into new ways to do things?
We are a team of busy creatives who need help facilitating our expanding production/communication needs. At our company - we need someone with these skills to not just keep us on the tracks while we are in and out of the office, but to keep our ship gliding smoothly across wavy waters and to communicate across all platforms.
How is this different from typical assistant roles? Lots of writing/communication, its an important role to our small team; where you can see your impact as we grow, its an artsy environment that brings you out of the office on occasion. One day you might be gathering copy for a proposal or going on location across town to check-in with the director on a variety of topics, organizing and updating schedules and calendars using our project management software or in our office (amidst the hum of editing machines and ping pong balls) responding to the 55th email of the day.
This is a newly created position and we will be looking to you to fit within our current structure - working closely with our Creative Director, Executive Producer and Account Executive together to build better strategies and methods to increase productivity and communication among departments that aid in daily operations.
What you’ll do:
• Receive all incoming communications (phone, email, etc..) help manage and ensure a timely response
• Interpret deadlines, managing and monitoring steps to achieve them
• Input communications via our project management software to increase awareness of projects company-wide
• Attend networking functions
• Reach out and respond to clients directly
• Communicate and coordinate with subcontractors
• Help construct proposals for prospective jobs
• Research future opportunities
• Be trusted with sensitive and confidential information
• Coordinate meetings and schedules
• Devise and implement organization methods for the business
• Apply to contests and film festivals
• Work with and assist other departments
• Some social media marketing
• Willingness to do whatever it takes to keep the office organized
• Additional tasks as needed
- Be highly organized and responsible
- Have excellent writing and proof-reading abilities, and be able to write with voice and nuances for emails
- Have some interest in learning more about the ad agency/video world and be quick to delve into this information
- Be eager and have a positive attitude
- Be technologically savvy
- Be an independent self-motivated person
- Excel at time management
- Enjoy seeing your impact as a valuable team-member
- Be great with spreadsheets and boiling down the complex into simple bite sized chunks
- Know what needs to be done and do it
- Not be afraid to ask questions and learn new things
- Be willing to teach yourself something you don’t know
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be whipsmart
- Be able to lead weekly meetings when needed
- Enjoy startup environment, being part of a team and working with creative individuals
- Be personable with new people
- Be flexible - we have morning and evening events, weekend jobs and travel weeks where we may need you to be available to communicate and respond to needs/put out fires as they come up.
- Not be a pushover - will have to keep people on point in a nice way
- Be able to pickup industry speak and decipher incoming information
- Be extremely dependable, reliable and accountable
*Comfortable using and learning new technologies, proficient in microsoft office, google drive but not limited to these
*Equivalent Experience or Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, Producing etc...or related degree.
*Be able to prioritize and handle things independently at a high capacity, especially when management cannot be reached
Optional Complimentary Experiences to Mention:
Traffic (workflow) Management
Social Media Marketing
Digital Media Awareness
Journalistic Writing and Interviewing Skills
Paid time off: holidays, vacation and sick days.
Opportunities for flex time.
Connect with the community through our vast array of contacts, on-site visits around the area and networking opportunities.
Contribute to non-profit and worthwhile causes.
Opportunities for advancement.
Company-wide events, attendance and working of area events.
Relaxed company culture with occasional team-wide projects and social gatherings.
IF INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Send us your info, with your resume attached through the job posting.
2. Send a cover letter about yourself -- nothing generic, give us a sense of who you really are; include why you are interested in this position and list complimentary experiences you may have. Bonus points if you include any additional writing samples or examples/visuals of your relevant work in your application.
No phone calls, please.
*This is a salaried position and our budget for this role is set. Salary is based primarily on the early stage of growth we are currently experiencing. The ideal candidate will value working with amazing people, aiding with important and interesting work. This position will be an integral part our company. We are dedicated to fostering a great company culture and this is a rare opportunity to be part of an exciting field.
Jpixx LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.