Fall Marketing/Video Production Internship
- 372 S Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452, USA
Jpixx Video Marketing Agency: Jpixx specializes in cinematic narratives and progressive messaging. Jpixx's distinct vision pushes the boundaries of integrated media, leading the region in stylized camera work, motion graphics, video editing and design. Our work targets a diverse and modern audience who value authenticity and crave an emotional connection bringing everyday people and places into extraordinary light. See how we Capture Life Creatively here: http://jpixx.com
Do you like to work independently, think creatively and use technology and high quality imagery to bend a story to your will? Do you enjoy working as a team member with many other creative individuals who are constantly pushing out visual content? Do you have some photo and videography skills you can’t wait to get more into practice? Jpixx, is looking for someone like you to join our team for the Fall season! The candidate will attend shoots on location and perform in various production roles, research, aid in social media efforts as well as be a production assistant.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Create and produce various media marketing resources such as email newsletters, recurring blog posts, social media postings and content on various platforms, press releases, etc….
- Attend shoots and snap pictures and post on-site - take live videos for social media purposes.
- Design imagery to go along with content for postings.
- Work with the Creative Director to come up with a strategic plan and implement it.
- Conduct google analytics and prepare for web updates if needed.
- Attend shoots and speak with crew, clients and the public.
- Work on edits and shoots in various ways, based on candidates skills and abilities.
- Be a production assistant on set, attending many shoots, roles such as lighting/grip/gaffer, sound recording, craft services, props, communicator, on-camera extra, paperwork, lighting, photos assist, BTS shooter/photographer etc...
- Assist Producers and Account Executive to help prepare for shoots, help with client needs and conduct research.
- Working with Creative Director, Visual Content Producer, Video Editors and Shooters to meet deadlines and aid in high quality content.
- Anticipating tasks and finding meaningful work to help the entire team and projects.
- Assisting with logging footage, charging batteries, backing up and archiving footage.
- Other duties as assigned.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Must be a graduate, recent grad or working toward a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Digital Media, Journalism, Communications, Graphic Design, Photography, Video or related fields.
- Able to work approximately 40 hours per week with flexibility within schedule for occasional nights, weekends, schedule changes and potential travel. Due to this a recent graduate is ideal to be able to handle the flexible schedule.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, along with a positive attitude and self-motivation.
- An ability to effectively communicate with team members.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Premiere or Final Cut - After Affects, Indesign, Illustrator are bonus.
- Must have willingness to take initiative, think creatively and solve problems.
- Ability to function well in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work efficiently remotely, on location, and in our office.
- Technical ability of video and photography cameras and video lighting
- An understanding of basic marketing principles.
- Comfort with communicating with internal partners at all levels and as well as an external audience.
The ideal intern candidate has a strong ability to problem solve, very good technical abilities on computers - to be able to do graphic design, video editing and/or have a good eye for photography and shooting. The ability to be ready to pivot from one role to the other in the field, multi-task, self-motivated to work independently and collaborate with others. We are looking for someone with a strong desire to learn and grow in the video-marketing field this Fall!
Opportunities for advancement.
Internal training, access to tutorials.
Connect with the community through our contacts and on-site visits around the area.
Contribute to some non-profit and worthwhile causes.
Gain greater knowledge with video marketing and new technologies such as live video and virtual reality.
Crew meals on duty.
Able for some work remotely.
Company-wide events, attendance and working of area events.
Fun company culture with occasional team-wide projects and social occasions.
IF INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Send us your info, with your resume attached through the job posting.
- Send a short intro note about yourself -- nothing generic, we want to get a sense of who you really are - also include your availability this Fall, what you like most about marketing and why you are interested in this position.
- Pass along a link or attachment to your portfolio, reel, photos and/or clips of videos you have been a part of (please list the roles for each!) and any other relevant links about you, that we should check out.
No phone calls, please.
**The first 25 hours per week this Fall is an unpaid internship, beyond those hours (average is 45 hours) it is paid (part-time job rates), but a great opportunity to gain practical experience. We are small and busy company which allows us the ability to give more responsibility and hands-on training than internships with bigger companies. Extremely immersive experience with this integral role, past interns have learned so much and you will too.
Jpixx LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.