- Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA, USA
Jpixx is a digital production boutique that specializes in video and strategic multi-media marketing content, visual communications, high-end event coverage and independent filmmaking.
Jpixx's distinct vision pushes the boundaries of integrated media, leading the region in stylized camera work, motion graphics, video editing and design. Our work targets a diverse and modern audience who value authenticity and crave an emotional connection bringing everyday people and places into extraordinary light. See how we Capture Life Creatively here: www.jpixx.com
Are you ready to utilize your video-making-abilities to their full potential? To sharpen your skills in a busy environment where no two days are the same? All while working alongside other like-minded artists and mentors that inspire and push you forward, who are as passionate and dedicated to creating high quality content as you are?
Jpixx is seeking a Full-Time Video making machine with a background in creating quality video content and stoked to grow alongside a rapidly developing video marketing agency, working with clients both locally and abroad.
You will be working daily with our talented team through all stages of production from writing and idea-forming, to set-up and shooting, to editing and revisions. Everyone has a role to play at each stage of production, so wearing multiple hats is a must. This can be a fast-paced environment but is also immensely rewarding to create messaging that can move people and change minds.
- Ability to adapt and use Canon DSLR’s and Cinema Cameras (Canon 5d mkiii, 5d mkiv, C300 mkiii, C200)
- Proficient in Video Editing; able to craft stories
- Assembling and Utilizing 3-Point Lighting kits
- Use and Maintain 3-axis stabilization rigs (MoVI Pro)
- Archiving video capture, backing up drives, and logging locations
- Working at Virginia Beach office and traveling out of the area on location
- Flexible hours will be required outside of the regular work week, such as occasional early mornings, late nights and weekends.
- Interacting with professionals and creative teams
- Production Assistance
- Adapatable in large and small group settings and the unexpected
- Knowledge of Mac OS
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- 1-2 years of experience
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- A Background in Video Production
- Proficient with editing software and the Adobe CC, specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and Lightroom
- Experience working with creative teams to develop ideas and execute strategies
- Understanding of marketing principles
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Bring essential technical skills to hit the ground running
- Feel comfortable working within a team as well as independently.
- Must be dependable and reliable, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, a willingness to learn new skills.
- A strong interest in creating the best product possible.
- Have strong examples of work showing and listing ability in different roles.
- A recent graduate or young professional living within the Virginia Beach area year-round.
- They will be eager to learn and do what the job entails, while being a self starter with leadership skills.
- Carry and ever positive "can-do" attitude and be a proactive self-starter
- They would be able to conduct themselves professionally and preferably have some writing ability and be able to edit copy.
- Sound Design
- Graphic Design
- Motion Graphics
- Director of Photography
- Color Correction and Color Grading
- Potential to lead, direct and manage
- Marketing Savviness
- Ability to apply set makeup
- Production Design
- Creative Writing
- Journalistic Writing and Interviewing Skills
- Web Design and Development
- Paid time off: holidays, vacation and sick days.
- Opportunities for flex time.
- Internal training, mentorship, access to industry education.
- Connect with the community through our vast array of contacts and on-site visits around the area.
- Contribute to non-profit and worthwhile causes.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Crew meals on duty.
- Fun travel trips.
- Company-wide events, attendance and working of area events.
- Relaxed company culture with occasional team-wide projects and social gatherings.
IF INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
Send us your info, with your resume attached through the job posting.
Send your portfolio, demo reel or samples of your work with description of what your role was for each example sent.
Send a cover letter about yourself -- nothing generic, give us a sense of who you really are; include why you are interested in this position and list "complimentary experiences" you may have.
No phone calls, please.
*This is a salaried position and our budget for this role is set. Salary range is based primarily on the stage of growth we are currently experiencing. The ideal candidate will value the ability to receive continued training and sharpening of skills. This position will be an integral part our company. We are dedicated to fostering a great company culture and this is a rare opportunity to gain experience in an exciting field with amazing people.
Jpixx LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.