Social Media Internship
- 1904 3rd Ave Suite 417, Seattle, WA
We are Jolkona, a nonprofit tech startup based in Seattle, WA. We offer a solution to people who want to see exactly where their donation dollars go by connecting them with global philanthropic projects via our network of partners (for as little as $5!). Every donation made on Jolkona goes straight to the project chosen, and every donor receives one-to-one level proof of feedback – whether it’s a photo, a story, or a video – allowing each donor to see the exact impact that they have made. Our mission is to create a ripple effect of change and show the world that everyone can change the world today.
Jolkona is powered by two fulltime employees and 20+ skilled volunteers and interns. We are young, passionate, and out to change the face of philanthropy.
Mission: To connect people with global philanthropic opportunities and show the impact of one’s donations.
Do you love spreading the word about awesome projects and ideas?Do you live-tweet, follow, and friend everyone you meet IRL? Are you as enthusiastic online as you are offline?
Jolkona is looking for a smart, savvy, up-and-coming rock star that is looking to build experience in social media, marketing, and community management. We’re looking for someone to manage and connect with our community and play a crucial role in expanding the reach and visibility of Jolkona online.
- Listen, participate, and start conversations that engage Jolkona’s community and introduce new communities to our mission and vision.
- Research, identify, and engage with advocates, blogger passion groups, and media influencers.
- Manage and build relationships with our community, bloggers and the media.
- Stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices and how other organizations and organizations are using them.
- Launch campaigns!
Ideal Experience & Qualifications:
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Outgoing personality, loves sharing ideas with others.
- Having a twitter account is mandatory.
- Has an existing presence on social media.
- Has more creative ideas than you know how to handle
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated with a degree in English, Writing, Journalism, or Communications or related.
- Looking for experience in social media, marketing, PR, community management, and media relations.
- 10-15 hours a week, usually split over 3 days a week in our office in downtown Seattle.
- Our office is laid back and fun, though it’s BYOC (bring your own computer).
- Must be able to attend bi-weekly team meetings
- Must be able to attend all company-wide meetings (usually one every other month).
- Exposure to the startup nonprofit world
- Opportunity to place this position and company on your resume
- Letter of recommendation upon successful completion of tasks
- Referrals on LinkedIn
- Ability to build on your portfolio
- Credit offered at most Universities (please ask for specific credit questions)
- Experience working in a growing and fast paced, startup environment
If you are interested in applying for this position please send the following to:
- Cover letter with one professional reference
- Links to your personal social media profiles and any brands/organizations you managed