Senior Data Engineer
- This is a remote contract - work from anywhere!, Lewes, DE, United States
John Snow Labs is an award-winning AI and NLP company, accelerating progress in data science by providing state-of-the-art software, data, and models. Founded in 2015, it helps healthcare and life science companies build, deploy, and operate AI products and services. John Snow Labs is the winner of the 2018 AI Solution Provider of the Year Award, the 2019 AI Platform of the Year Award, the 2019 International Data Science Foundation Technology award, and the 2020 AI Excellence Award.
John Snow Labs is the developer of Spark NLP - the world’s most widely used NLP library in the enterprise - and is the world’s leading provider of state-of-the-art clinical NLP software, powering some of the world’s largest healthcare & pharma companies. John Snow Labs is a global team of specialists, of which 33% hold a Ph.D. or M.D. and 75% hold at least a Master’s degree in disciplines covering data science, medicine, software engineering, pharmacy, DevOps and SecOps.
We are looking for an exceptional software engineer with hands-on experience in setting up big data systems, distributed ETL pipelines, and streaming workflows. This is a software engineering role so strong fundamentals in computer science, software design, and software engineering best practices are expected.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a remote long-term freelancing contract, working as part of a strong team working on artificial intelligence in healthcare. There are plenty of learning opportunities and challenges to go around. We are not able to consider teams or agencies for this job.
If you are interested, please include the words John Snow Labs in your cover letter, and describe why your experience and goals make you the right fit for this role.
- - 5+ years of hands-on professional software engineering experience using Java
- - Design, implement and maintain data pipelines in a software development environment
- - Knowledge of using Apache Nifi and/or Apache Airflow
- - Translate complex requirements into detailed batch or streaming data pipelines
- - Implement ETL processes for integration of data from disparate sources
- - Working knowledge of big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Kubernetes, etc.)
- - Strong computer science & software design fundamentals
- - Experience delivering and operating production software in an enterprise setting
- We are a fully virtual company, collaborating across 22 countries.
- Open to candidates worldwide - work remotely from anywhere.
- This is a contract opportunity, not a full-time employment role.
- This role requires the availability of at least 30 hours per week.