Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
- This is a remote contract - work from anywhere!, Lewes, DE, United States
- Employees can work remotely
John Snow Labs is an award-winning AI and NLP company, accelerating progress in data science by providing state-of-the-art software, data, and models. Founded in 2015, it helps healthcare and life science companies build, deploy, and operate AI products and services. John Snow Labs is the winner of the 2018 AI Solution Provider of the Year Award, the 2019 AI Platform of the Year Award, the 2019 International Data Science Foundation Technology award, and the 2020 AI Excellence Award.
John Snow Labs is the developer of Spark NLP - the world’s most widely used NLP library in the enterprise - and is the world’s leading provider of state-of-the-art clinical NLP software, powering some of the world’s largest healthcare & pharma companies. John Snow Labs is a global team of specialists, of which 33% hold a Ph.D. or M.D. and 75% hold at least a Master’s degree in disciplines covering data science, medicine, software engineering, pharmacy, DevOps and SecOps.
We are looking for an exceptional software engineer with hands-on experience in building reliable, scalable, and secure full-stack applications. You need to have significant proven experience in building enterprise-grade software with Java and Python backends, React frontends, deployed and operated using Docker & Kubernetes, and leveraging a range of open-source and cloud-based databases and services.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a remote long-term freelancing contract, working as part of a strong team working on artificial intelligence in healthcare. We are looking for people with experience leading software engineering teams, who are interested in growing into a team lead role. Therefore, this requires experience in people management, recruiting & interviewing, mentoring, and agile software development.
- - 7+ years of hands-on professional software engineering experience
- - Design, implement and maintain full-stack software applications
- - Hands-on knowledge with Java, Python, React, Docker, Kubernetes, Spark & related tools
- - Proven experience owning the design & implementation of complex end-to-end software
- - Experience leading software development teams: management, recruiting, mentoring
- - Familiarity with the services, tools, and best practices of deploying applications on AWS
- - Experience establishing an agile process with frequent releases to production
- - Working knowledge of big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Kubernetes, etc.)
- - Strong computer science & software design fundamentals, M.Sc. or Ph.D. preferred
- - Experience delivering and operating production software in an enterprise setting
- We are a fully virtual company, collaborating across 22 countries.
- Open to candidates worldwide - work remotely from anywhere.
- This is a contract opportunity, not a full-time employment role.
- This role requires the availability of at least 30 hours per week.