Remote Java Developer
- Lebanon, TN, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Born in Massachusetts, US, founded in 2006, connected all around the world – we’ve been working with the latest innovators, coders and creators ever since. We deliver custom software development and digital marketing solutions to some of the world’s greatest minds: our clients.
At Scopic, we believe in our developers and know there can be no borders when it comes to working with talented and passionate professionals. Headquartered in the US, connected around the world – we are one of the largest virtual software development and marketing companies. Uniting highly skilled individuals over the cloud, we join forces with clients in all industries to build, design, and launch cutting-edge software products that shine.
Are you on the hunt for exciting new challenges that boost your professional growth? If you’re a Java Developer by trade, we’d love to hear from you! Read on to see if you’d be a good fit for the Scopic team of 250+ professionals from over 40 countries.
At Scopic, the virtual world is our home so this is a full-time remote position. Only apply if you’re prepared for the zero-hour commute and the thought of collaborating with colleagues from around the globe excites you!
The skills and traits we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Java server-side development
- Experience with the architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
- Understanding of the common design patterns and engineering practices
- Experience of working with at least one modern build system
- Solid knowledge of common algorithms and data structures
- Strong knowledge of at least one major *NIX platform (Linux, OS/X, FreeBSD, etc.)
- Experience with some or all of these libraries and technologies is a plus: Jetty, Jersey, Jackson, JDBI, Hibernate, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka, ElasticSearch
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Design, develop, and architect services for the project
- Contribute to cutting-edge R&D initiatives including service integration with emerging frameworks and platforms
- Assist with technical resolution of issues on mission-critical production systems (you build it, you own it, you run it)
The secret ingredients that make us special:
- Your growth is our growth. We invest in your future with paid training and other professional opportunities.
- We’re industry innovators at the forefront of change. Equipped with the latest technologies and a team of knowledgeable colleagues by your side, you’ll embrace new and interesting challenges.
- Your location. Your schedule — Pick your time-zone, choose your preferred hours, and work from the place where you feel most at home.
- Flexibility and freedom are in our DNA! As long as you have a stable internet connection and the drive to thrive, you can travel and work from anywhere you like.
- A workload you can rely on. We’ll set you enough tasks to keep that mind busy! At Scopic, we’ll ensure you always have a consistent flow of engaging, challenging work to do.
- Recognition and reward. We acknowledge diligence and hard work through annual pay increases for good performance.
Down to business!
- Salary Range: Your starting salary is negotiable depending on your skills and experience.
- Both hourly and salary positions are available.
- Employees are paid monthly via wire transfer.
Scopic is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, marital status, national origin, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.
Have the skills, the drive, and the passion to join the Scopic family?
Apply today to join our growing team of remote professionals from around the world.
Please apply at the link: https://scopicsoftware.hire.trakstar.com/jobs/fk02d2g?source=JobsForLebanon%20LB
Please send your CV in English only.
Learn more about careers opportunities at Scopic: https://careers.scopicsoftware.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.