(Worldpay) Senior Payroll Analyst - India
Company Name: FIS Global
Experience and Education:Relevant work experience or a combination of work and education
Education Requirements:Bachelor's degree preferred in accounting, finance, human resources, or business administration. Equivalent combinations of education, training, or work experience will also be considered.
Travel Percentage:0% General Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform various accounting tasks to prepare, distribute, and report payroll, ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Balance payroll ledgers on a bi-weekly or semi-monthly basis, research and correct any exception items found.
- Reconcile tax and unemployment liability accounts to the general ledger, investigating any variances.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly payroll tax reports and address any payroll or tax reporting issues.
- Collaborate with technical departments to improve processes, test system changes, and lead special projects within the payroll department.
- Act as a liaison between employees and payroll associates to ensure accurate reflection of company-specific pay policies.
- Audit employee pay records and reconcile totals across departments, locations, countries, etc.
- Interpret pay policies, such as vacation, leave of absence, disability, workers compensation, government regulations, and withholding exemptions, to ensure correct calculations and deductions.
- Document payroll processes and procedures; may provide training to payroll department staff.
- Produce various scheduled and ad hoc analyses and reports as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Possess a broad understanding of payroll principles, practices, processes, and procedures.
- Familiarity with laws and regulations that impact payroll.
- Proficient in the use and administration of payroll systems such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, or SAP.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision-making, problem-solving, team-building, and time management abilities.
- Capability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
This role is at a developing level. The analyst possesses moderate skills with a high level of proficiency. They perform various payroll analyses and handle mostly routine issues but can deviate from standard procedures when necessary. They assist in resolving payroll-related matters within the department and may mentor associates with less experience. The role works under general supervision but has independence in decision-making. It may involve consulting senior peers and management to gain experience and knowledge.Privacy Statement
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information we process to provide services to our clients. For more information on how FIS safeguards personal information online, please refer to our Online Privacy Notice.Sourcing Model
At FIS, we primarily recruit directly, and only a small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. We do not accept resumes from agencies not on our preferred supplier list and are not responsible for any fees related to resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.