Customer Service Associate
Company Name: USAA
At USAA, we have a crucial mission: to serve the military community and their families. It's a chance for us to express our gratitude and for you to use your talents in a meaningful way. We're looking for people who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty, and service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it. Join us and be part of something special!
Are you a military veteran or a current/former military spouse who wants to serve the community you know so well? We're seeking dedicated professionals to participate in our Military Experience Talent Program for Insurance products.
It's all about learning and growing.
Our Insurance Customer Service role might be a new career path for you. There's a lot to learn, but we provide a comprehensive, fully paid six-month training program that includes all training materials, class discussions, hands-on training, e-learning modules, and instructor-led guidance. We invest in your success! We also cover all licensing costs.
Our in-office development program offers the training you need and encourages you to develop a proactive and independent support style to serve our members. After six months in-office, you'll have the opportunity to work in a hybrid model, where you can work from home two days a week. The specific onsite days can be arranged between you and your manager.
The Opportunity We are currently seeking dedicated customer service professionals to work in our San Antonio, TX office for future insurance customer service opportunities in 2023. We have new training classes starting every month. Military veterans and spouses/domestic partners are highly encouraged to apply.
As an Insurance Customer Service Representative, you'll provide customer service, sales, and retention activities for USAA's Property & Casualty personal line insurance products. You'll interact with members across multiple contact channels (inbound phone calls, email, chat, social media, etc.), recognizing their needs, understanding them, and providing advice to deliver appropriate solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Answer inbound phone calls, emails, and other member contacts to provide Property & Casualty (P&C) insurance customer service.
- Assist members with quotes, policy inquiries, underwriting, billing, payment, and coverage provisions for insurance products.
- Identify and understand member needs to provide accurate advice and solutions.
- Minimize transfers, escalations, and call backs by diagnosing issues effectively.
- Use available tools and resources to support members with moderate assistance.
- Efficiently navigate multiple systems/programs and maintain engaging member interactions in a contact center environment.
- Maintain Property & Casualty (P&C) license and state registrations.
- Comply with risk and compliance policies and procedures to identify, measure, monitor, and control business risks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- US military experience (current or former) or a military spouse/domestic partner.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service via phone and email to process insurance-related information.
- Ability to obtain Property & Casualty (P&C) licenses and state registrations within 90 days of hire.
- 1 year of customer contact experience in a needs-based sales environment.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced contact center environment.
- 6 months of frequent communication (minimum 60% of the time) with customers via phone, email, or face-to-face interactions.
Please note that the above description only covers the principal functions of the job, and it may not include all the work requirements.What We Offer:
Compensation: We use market data to establish competitive salary ranges based on your experience and the position's requirements. The actual salary will fall within this range. We may also offer a geographic differential and/or shift premium, depending on the job location and schedule. For this position, the hiring range is $45,008 - $45,978.
Benefits: We offer best-in-class benefits to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. These include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, a 401(k) retirement plan, a pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off, paid holidays, 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. We also provide career path planning and continuing education to help you achieve your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.