Company Name: Rokt
Rokt is the global leader in ecommerce technology, helping companies seize the full potential of every transaction moment to grow revenue and acquire new customers at scale. Live Nation, AMC Theatres, PayPal, Uber, Hulu, Staples, Lands’ End, and HelloFresh are among the more than 2,500 leading global businesses and advertisers that use Rokt's solutions to drive more value through every transaction by offering highly relevant messages to their customers at the moment they are most likely to convert.
With our December 2022 secondary transaction, Rokt’s valuation increased to $2.4 Billion. We are expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 14 countries across North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region with the largest office in NYC and a major R&D hub in Sydney. With 50% annual growth and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our eight core values: smart with humility, own the outcomes, force for good, conquer new frontiers, enjoy the ride, raise the bar, communicate with impact, and disagree then commit. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we foster an environment that helps us all do our best work. Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
Rokt is looking for a VP of Finance to lead the Financial Planning and Analysis function and serve as a key member of the financial leadership team. Reporting to the CFO out of our New York City office, the VP of Finance has a critical role to play in driving high-quality decision-making across the company, maintaining financial rhythm and structure, communicating financial results and trends, and modeling complex scenarios. This role requires thought leadership and business partnering both with C-Level executives and the broader senior leadership team to drive financial performance, strategy and execution. This role is responsible for building and developing a high-performing team, with numerous business complexities. For the right candidate, ownership of Corporate Development and Strategy will also be considered.
- Build and improve financial models that enable effective decision-making regarding the company’s revenue growth strategy, cost structure, and capital expenditures.
- Own the company’s three statement financial model.
- Develop ad-hoc analyses which enable strategic decision-making and maximize ROI.
- Lead the planning processes including annual operating plan and rolling forecasts. Build calendar and milestones, target setting, and processes for planning. Track and report on performance relative to plan.
- Develop and communicate key financial and operating metrics to create transparency into financial performance and inform strategic and operational decisions.
- Communicate financial performance and trends simply and effectively to senior leadership, and board of directors; deliver insightful, actionable analysis beyond just reporting results.
- Help prepare for an IPO, particularly by solidifying the long-term financial model, supporting investor-facing materials, and aligning internal reporting to public company conventions.
- Improve operating teams’ understanding of financial levers, planning drivers, and performance with thoughtful and transparent analysis and partnership.
- Provide strategic thought leadership and analysis to identify actionable opportunities across the business.
- Leverage systems, scalable processes and automation to increase time spent on value-add activities.
- Build and develop a high-performing organization that is both a magnet for and a feeder of talent across the organization.
- Minimum 15 years of experience, which can be a mix of relevant experience. FP&A leadership experience is required.
- Experience leading FP&A function of a public company is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- Experience with Adaptive Insights planning and forecasting software preferred.
- Must possess excellent analytical, financial modeling and presentation skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to build, mentor and develop a high performing team.
- Systems implementation experience and process mapping skills are preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with senior management, communicate effectively in meetings and describe deliverables and project milestones.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and improve processes and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Intellectually curious and able to think deeply and qualitatively about business problems, breaking down issues and presenting solutions.
- Collaborative with a track record of building strong internal and external relationships.
- High integrity and ethics.
- Entrepreneurial with a high level of energy and unrelenting drive.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Analytical and metrics-driven, regular leveraging data to support business decisions
- Positive, cooperative attitude.
- Humble with ability and desire to roll up sleeves and be hands on in a fast-paced environment.
- Safety is our highest priority. We actively invest in the growth of our people and the strengthening of our communities. Our NYC office is 100% vaccinated to keep our employees and community safe and healthy. We require all Rokt’stars and anyone else who will be onsite at the Rokt NYC office–clients, contractors, vendors, and suppliers–to show proof of vaccination and their booster shot.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruitment process is tough but diligent. We’re constantly aiming to implement our value of “raise the bar” and set high standards for our Rokt’stars. This is essential in our high-performing, high-grow culture where we strive to bring in the brightest and best talent. Our teams thrive by challenging the status quo and we encourage all of our teams to unleash their desire to achieve something bigger.
- Join a community. At Rokt we’re a community of curious explorers. We’re not afraid of venturing into uncharted territories. We work together as one single, aligned team. We value diversity and transparency which is why we support a number of internal employee resource groups including an EDI steering committee, Rainbow Rokts that empowers our LGBTQIA+ Rokt’stars, Womxn who Rokt that promotes gender equality in tech, and more.
- Accelerate your career. We want you to unleash your full potential. This is why we have an annual ‘Level Up’ allowance of $5,000 that gives Rokt’stars the ability to take courses, attend events, go to training, and more to help our great employees become even better leaders.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We even incentivize individuals to utilize their PTO with “High 5” days, an additional 5 days of PTO when you’ve used 75% of your allotted annual paid leave. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us for 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. In order to unleash our potential, we want to ensure you’re able to keep your wellbeing a priority. This means you can enjoy a well-balanced, catered lunch 5x a week in the office along with healthy snacks. We also want you to feel at home when coming into work which is why we’re a dog-friendly office so you can bring your furry friend to work with you. As part of your wellbeing benefits, we offer a wellness stipend so you can enjoy the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your entire family!
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone is rewarded.
- See the world! We want our Rokt’stars to enjoy the ride. As we aim to bring meaning and fun to our everyday work, we host global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020, Hawaii in May 2022, and Whistler in 2023). As we strive to build a community of curious explorers, we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have bustling offices in great cities including: New York, Sydney, London, Singapore, and Tokyo.
- We believe we’re better together. We love spending time together and are in the office most days (most teams are in the office 3-4 days per week). We also get that you need to balance your life and your commitments so you have flexibility to manage your own hours and can spend up to a week of every quarter working from anywhere.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we know our collective strength comes from how different we all are. We encourage you to apply for one of our open roles—irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.