Head, Talent Acquisition
- Unit 309 Cannon Wharf, Lagos, Nigeria
Our client, a market leading player in the mobile telecommunications industry in Africa have a requirement for a Head, Talent Acquisition to be based in London, UK. This position will own (design, source and implement) and define the Group’s Talent Acquisition strategy, policies, process, tools and systems, and will coordinate harmonisation of the Talent Acquisition process across the company’s Operational entities. This role also directs the recruiting team to source and acquire candidates for critical positions across the organisation, while delivering Talent Acquisition initiatives and an exceptional hiring manager experience. The role holder also acts as a subject matter expert for talent acquisition and pro-actively manages the recruitment team and the third party vendors.
- Manage resource allocation within the recruitment team to ensure appropriate recruiting services provision for professional and critical hiring requirements as per the agreed service levels (SLAs)
- Ensure that recruiting services effectively meet business demand for professional and niche skilled requirements
- Up-skill recruiting and sourcing specialist(s) to embed best practices of talent acquisition process into the recruitment team and to handle hiring at all levels
- Act as an escalation point in relation to recruitment service delivery issues and to effectively manage the internal recruitment team
- Foster collaboration within the recruitment team, and liaise with business stake holders and hiring managers
- Provide recruiting direction and leadership as part of the HR Services Leadership Team.
- Establish highly efficient and effective work procedures to ensure high quality recruiting services are provided
- Internal stakeholder facing role and will be responsible for weekly/monthly reviews
- Contribute to a positive team culture and working environment
- Retain managerial responsibility for own team and follow leadership standards.
- Manage delivery of end to end Recruiting service across all hiring levels, including branding, sourcing, and contracting
- Responsible for candidate tracking to drive efficiencies and to push the strategic direction of effectively engaging the candidate at all stages in the process
- Measure, assess and continuously improve the effectiveness of the Recruitment team
- Working with preferred list of vendors and continous process monitoring through vendor evaluations and management
- Keeping abreast of market intelligence and industry trends
- Ensure the recruiting process is in alignment with our company’s business policies and procedures by fostering and examining workforce plans, understanding the labor markets, and looking at global considerations.
- Understand the various workforce segments and the positions within these segments, as well as the skills, competencies, and experiences required for success.
- Create activities that help to expose, articulate and define our company’s image, culture, unique differentiators, reputation, and products and services. Help attract quality candidates and show what it is like to work for our company.
- Define and understand the audiences in which our company needs to source for specific roles. Apply different sourcing strategies based on the understanding of the jobs and where the candidates will come from to fill specific roles.
- Build a positive candidate experience, manage candidate groups, and preserve relationships for those candidates not selected.
- Track and use key metrics to drive continual improvement regarding recruitment decisions, to ultimately improve the quality of hire.
- Have a deep understanding of the recruiting funnel to drive quality candidates and interest in our company and services. Establish and maintain a social presence through various channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, etc. Also, understand the tools outside of those channels to further support, promote, and attract quality candidates.
- Responsible for developing cost- and time-effective recruitment strategies for implementation by the recruitment team and in-country HR. This covers the full recruitment lifecycle – candidate sourcing, advertising, agency management, candidate management, pre-offer checks, offer preparation, negotiation & appointment.
- Provide tools and techniques to assist the business with candidate selection (including preparing for and leading interviews & assessments) to facilitate fair, objective and quality selection decisions (in accordance with relevant legislative and professional requirements).
- Oversee recruitment approval management for the Region – including both internal and external (Group Function & global headcount) approval processes.
- Maintain the Recruitment Directive, Roles & Responsibility Matrix and any other Recruitment-related governance documentation.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc recruitment analytics/ reports/ management information for key stakeholders in the business.
- Design and implement employer branding strategies to attract top calibre talent in the Region. This includes the definition and practical implementation of an Employer Value Proposition (EVP).
- Design and ensure implementation of recruitment-related communication and awareness initiatives, e.g. training to the HR community and the business as and when required.
- Design and manage the implementation of graduate and intern recruitment intakes across the Region (sourcing, selection & on-boarding) e.g. iSAP and tSAP.
- Drive line manager education & communication initiatives to increase business awareness of Recruitment policies, processes and systems.
- A minimum of 10 years’ cognate experience
- First degree/ Social Science, Humanities, Law, Engineering.
- Masters degree.
- Professional certifications in HR.
- Africa recruitment experience very strongly recommended.
- Experience of managing outsourced recruitment functions strongly recommended.
- Experience recruiting telecoms/ IT/ new media/ technology skill sets recommended.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.