- Niine 11, 10414 Tallinn, Estonia
- Employees can work remotely
Think beyond borders to help the world work together!
Jobbatical makes immigration easy, so businesses can hire whoever they want, from wherever they want. Jobbatical today is the go-to immigration partner for tech startups and traditional companies alike. We free up time for employers to make more hires. Better hires. International hires — confidently, without having to fear the immigration monster, while relying on the best technology in the business.
Our team is on a mission to increase net talent mobility in the world and the best way of doing that is by making the hardest part of relocating to another country – immigration – ridiculously easy.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to build and maintain our platform and app. You will work with other Developers and Product Managers throughout the software development lifecycle.
This role would be a good fit for someone who:
- partakes in our product development from ideation to deployment and beyond!
- creates groundbreaking new features for our business customers, and for internal use.
- supports building our REST and GraphQL API.
- has strong knowledge of React Js and working experience of front-end heavy web applications.
- has good understanding of NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- cares about software quality, testing, and automation.
- helps to optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- is enthusiastic to share knowledge with the team.
- loves to over-communicate in a remote environment.
- participates in support rotation to assist users facing difficulties and tackle critical bugs.
- feels comfortable being a generalist. We are a small engineering team at Jobbatical, so there will be plenty of opportunities to jump around and help out with other areas of engineering and product efforts as well. The ideal candidate would enjoy this bit of variety from time to time.
- has strong communication skills and desire to make an impact in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- you have at least 2 years of hands-on experience creating software products on Node Js and its frameworks
- you know the concept behind REST and GraphQL APIs
- you have a good level understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, CSS3, and React Js
- you have a good understanding of how to build data models for SQL and NoSQL databases
- you have taken part in building web products using Node Js and React Js
- you are aware of testing tools like Jest
You are a pragmatic programmer, you approach the problems of today with a “get it done” attitude while still thinking about how these decisions impact our product tomorrow. You also understand what it's like to work with a business and product in a fast-moving startup environment. We are a user-centric company, experience in building products that users can’t live without is an absolute must.
Your advantage might be:
- always willing to learn from the team and developer community
- bringing in new technologies or frameworks that are good for the business but not yet introduced in the team
- ability to take on the new challenges ahead together with the growing business
- experience working in building web applications
Our offer to you includes:
Our Engineering team is compromised by a bunch of awesome people, you’ll work primarily with (and report to) Param, our Engineering Manager. You’ll be based anywhere (or in our Estonian office if you'd like). We are a remote-friendly company, so you can go and come as you please.
- possibility to work with passionate professionals
- we each have a lot of autonomy and the opportunity to make a big impact
- international challenges that grow your knowledge and skills
- compensation package with company stock options
- extra vacation days
- any hardware necessary: Mac, headphones, mobile phone etc
- flexible work. Work from home or co-working space
- our perks include sports, books, courses, teambuilding, snacks at office etc
- annual offsite
You can learn more about the company and the team here: https://jobbatical.com/about