Software Engineer (Backend)
- Niine, 10414 Tallinn, Estonia
- Employees can work remotely
Think beyond borders to help the world work together!
Jobbatical makes immigration easy, so businesses can hire whoever they want, from wherever they want. Jobbatical today is the go-to immigration partner for tech startups and traditional companies alike. We free up time for employers to make more hires. Better hires. International hires — confidently, without having to fear the immigration monster, while relying on the best technology in the business.
Our team is on a mission to increase net talent mobility in the world and the best way of doing that is by making the hardest part of relocating to another country – immigration – ridiculously easy.
We are looking for a senior backend focussed Software Engineer to help us build our relocation platform that makes possible delightful relocation experiences. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of our database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
This role would be a good fit for someone who:
- Can work in many parts of the application stack. You will be empowered to work on our APIs, infrastructure code, and rarely on the Jobbatical UI.
- Have experience working in many of the following areas:
- Backend application code (Express Js, GraphQL)
- Database modelling (MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Frontend UI code (React Js)
- Distributed architecture (Kafka, MQ)
- Infrastructure code/tools (Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Cares about software quality, testing, and automation.
- Help to optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Has an interest in web application security. You don't need to be a security expert, but have an interest in growing your security skills.
- Help improve our developer experience and operator experience.
- Enthusiastic to share knowledge with the team.
- Collaborate with the team to design and implement scalable solutions.
- Loves to over-communicate in a remote environment.
- Participate in support rotation to assist users facing difficulties and tackle critical bugs.
- Feels comfortable being a generalist. We are a small engineering team at Jobbatical, so there will be plenty of opportunities to jump around and help out with other areas of engineering and product efforts as well. The ideal candidate would enjoy this bit of variety from time to time.
- Strong communication skills and desire to make an impact in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- You have at least 3 years of hands-on experience creating software products on Node Js and its frameworks
- You bring best practices to the REST and GraphQL APIs
- You have a basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, CSS3, and React Js
- you have a good understanding of how to build scalable data models for SQL and NoSQL databases
- You have a good understanding of accessibility and web security compliance
- You have a working knowledge of complex user authentication and authorization systems
- You implement automated testing and improve the overall code coverage
You are a pragmatic programmer, you approach the problems of today with a “get it done” attitude while still thinking about how these decisions impact our product tomorrow. You also understand what it's like to work with a business and product in a fast-moving startup environment. We are a user-centric company, experience in building products that users can’t live without is an absolute must.
Your advantage might be:
- experience in building multi-tenant SaaS applications
- experience with GCP cloud or similar
- experience in implementing CI/CD Pipeline
- experience operating and maintaining Kubernetes production cluster
- ability to perform Security Code Reviews
Our offer to you includes:
Our Engineering team is compromised by a bunch of awesome people, you’ll work primarily with (and report to) Param, our Engineering Manager. You’ll be based anywhere (or in our Estonian office if you'd like). We are a remote-friendly company, so you can go and come as you please.
- possibility to work with passionate professionals
- We each have a lot of autonomy and the opportunity to make a big impact
- challenges that grow your knowledge and skills
- compensation package with company stock options
- flexible working hours remotely or in the Tallinn HQ office
To apply, please send us your resume and a motivational letter explaining your interest and prior experience.
The application process will consist of at least 1 video interview and 1 home assignment.
You can learn more about the company and the team here: https://jobbatical.com/about