Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Department: Engineering
Jitterbit is a market-leading Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (eiPaaS) & API Management (API-M) solution provider, headquartered in Alameda, CA - recently recognized by Gartner as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for the 6th Year in a row!
Jitterbit helps businesses make faster, more effective decisions by enabling them to unify and exploit data from all sources.
Using the Jitterbit API integration platform companies can rapidly connect SaaS, on-premises and cloud applications and instantly infuse artificial intelligence into any business process. Our intuitive API creation technology enables companies to reuse business-critical applications and data to bring new offerings to market in days, not months.
A Senior DevOps Engineer combines an understanding of both engineering and coding. A Senior DevOps Engineer works with various departments to create and develop systems within Jitterbit. From creating and implementing systems software to analyzing data to improve existing ones, a DevOps Engineer increases productivity in the workplace.
Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand. This includes current deployment and monitoring tools and processes.
Review operations runbook and be able to provide support, investigation and resolution for cloud related issues.
When issues arise, devops engineer can review code base to help find a solution, make suggestions, or help with a root cause
Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary
Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution
Work closely with engineering professionals within the company to maintain hardware and software requirements for projects to be completed efficiently
Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and the implementation of initiatives.
Self-motivated to work independently and as a member of a team.
The ability to solve issues, but also the knowledge of when to timely escalate an issue to
the appropriate personnel.
Document and orally explain processes in a clear and concise manner.
Follow all security and operational best practices, policies and procedures
The following skills and experiences are required:
● Amazon AWS services - EC2, EKS, S3, VPC, Workspaces
● Linux (Centos, Ubuntu, Amazon Linux)
● Windows Server
● Docker containers and Kubernetes; helm charts
● Monitoring, logging and Application Performance Management
● Knowledge of SQL query language, database tables and data warehouses to build
executive dashboards and reports
● Jenkins, Travis, Octopus build and deployment systems
● Github and GitHub Actions
● The ability to clearly communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
What You’ll Get:
- Work for a growing leader within the Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) tech space
- Join a mission-driven company that is transforming the industry by changing the way customers use API creation within business-critical processes.
- Career development and mentorship
- A flexible, remote-friendly company with personality and heart