Donor Services Associate
- 2121 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
The Jewish Federation and The Jewish Community Foundation of the East Bay is a nonprofit dedicated to helping Jews in need, while building and sustaining a vibrant Jewish community. For almost 100 years, we have forged connections between Jews with resources to spare and those in need. Guided by the Jewish values of tzedakah (righteous giving), chesed (loving kindness), and tikkun olam (repairing the world), Federation and Foundation work to build a vibrant and inclusive local Jewish community, support organizations and programs that help our Jewish families, and connect donors with opportunities that match their vision, values, and goals through multiple donation vehicles including Donor Advised Funds, Supporting Foundations, and Endowments.
The Foundation seeks an energetic and highly organized professional to join a dynamic team managing a $140 million charitable foundation. The Associate will manage charitable funds established by donors. Responsibilities include but are not limited to producing reports, and providing personal service as needed. This individual will also provide critical support to community organizations, grant making committees, development staff, and the Board of Directors, making her/him a key player in helping to secure the future of the Jewish community.
The ideal candidate is highly detail-oriented, comfortable with numbers and enjoys interacting with donors. He/she enjoys multi-tasking and troubleshooting, possesses the ability to work both independently and within a group, and is oriented towards excellence in service.
- Provide logistical and administrative support in setting up and operating funds and planned gift vehicles.
- Fulfill requests for reports and information from donors, leaders and staff, acting as first point of contact with donors, to respond to requests regarding contributions, grants and other activity.
- Work closely with Finance and Accounting staff to ensure solid accounting and record-keeping for all Foundation and supporting foundation accounts and investments.
- Produce and distribute regular correspondence with donors regarding their Foundation funds.
- Assist in selected marketing and event planning efforts.
- Provide start-to-finish logistics, management and follow-up for supporting foundation board and selected committee meetings; attend as the official recorder; circulate and follow up on board resolutions in between meetings.
- Manage and assist donors in using online fund information system.
- Maintain electronic and paper-based organizational systems for all Foundation funding vehicles, donor records, operational records, and governance-related documentation.
- Working with initial and successor advisors of charitable funds regarding multigenerational philanthropy efforts.
- Assist in coordinating annual educational event for professional advisors.
- Reach out to select funders and check in with them in general and on ocassion more specifically regarding their grant-making intentions at key times throughout the year
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of relevant administrative experience; Bachelor’s degree required.
- Detail orientation and comfort working with numbers are essential.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Computer literacy including MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Experience with finance and/or customer relationship management software; knowledge of FIMS highly desirable, but not required.
- Strong aptitude for research and working with data; comfort with financial data a plus; experience in financial services ideal.
- High energy and self-motivation.
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality including a high-level of diplomacy, sound judgment and discretion when communicating with donors, volunteers and community professionals.
- Affinity for the Jewish community, locally and around the world; a familiarity with and/or relationship with the local Jewish community is a plus.
The Jewish Federation of the East Bay offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to a retirement plan and vacation and sick leave.
The Jewish Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
To apply, select the "I'm interested" button below. Please paste the text of your cover letter into the field marked "Your message to the hiring manager".