- Niles, IL
Jeron is a dynamic organization that sets the standard for excellence with our products. Jeron is a leading manufacturer of communication systems for the healthcare, education, and security markets with an extensive base of distributor partners and installed facilities.
Based in Niles, IL, Jeron has provided communication solutions since 1965.
Jeron Electronic Systems, Inc. is currently seeking a Maintenance Assistant to work in our Maintenance Department in our new facility in Niles, IL.
This is a 1st Shift position (7:00 am - 3:30 pm) working Monday - Friday. This is a non-exempt (hourly) position with a rate of pay determined by experience.
This position will require employees to:
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
• Gather and empty trash throughout entire building.
• Service, clean, and supply restrooms, lunchroom and office areas.
• Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
• Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
• Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
• Polish floors.
• Break up boxes and/or skids for recycling and refuse.
• Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
• Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
• Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
• Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
Candidates should submit their resume and cover letter via online application process to be considered for the position.
Jeron has been operational 100% during this pandemic by keeping our staff informed of appropriate measures at the workplace to keep everyone healthy & safe by encouraging safe social distancing, proper personal hygiene, use of PPE & sanitizing stations.
Jeron, an equal opportunity employer, offers a competitive compensation program and robust benefits package.