- Niles, IL, USA
Jeron Electronic Systems, Inc. is a dynamic organization that sets the standard for excellence with our products. Jeron is a leading manufacturer of communication systems for the healthcare, education, and security markets with an extensive base of distributor partners and installed facilities. Based in the Chicago area, Jeron has provided communication solutions since 1965.
Jeron Electronic Systems, Inc. is actively recruiting an Applications Engineer to prepare accurate estimates for projects by gathering information and analyzing important bid documents. The Applications Engineer will provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions.
This position supports the sales efforts for the Jeron System platforms including needs assessment interviewing for driving the proper applications, quoting systems to meet end-user needs, and supporting both Jeron RSMs and Distributors through proposal aspect of the sales process.
This is a full-time, permanent position employed and working within a small team environment in our Inside Sale Department with direct reports to the Operations Manager/Customer Service and with a dashed line to the National Sales Manager. Working hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at Jeron’s Corporate Office location in Niles, IL.
Details of the position:
Direct phone/email support of Jeron Distributors and Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) as required during all steps of the quotation process of the Jeron Systems pricing, system design and configuration to meet applications, development of and response to specifications. The ultimate goal is to complement each RSM’s sales effort. For this sales support:
- Serve as the in-house applications “expert” on Jeron Systems
- Guide Distributors/RSMs in the proper system application based on customer needs, competitive position and market requirements
- Maintain technical and application proficiency on Jeron Products, their integrations, and related technology
- Review specifications for compliance and proper system application
- Review distributor system configurations for accuracy
- Understand key competing nurse call systems and how to bid against them – e.g. configurations that price them out
- Identify and analyze competitors in the market
- Ability to review a competitors based RFP and help distributors respond
- Understand key systems/technologies that nurse call integrates with, including RTLS, SIP Phone, analog phone, ADT
- Support distributors/RSMs to ask the right questions of facilities/integrators to ensure no key components are missed on either side of the integration
- Understand the project/program and its requirements
- Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
- Conduct research to obtain data to determine material costs
- Use software for data analysis and budgeting
- Create and submit quotations or bids to appropriate persons (RSM, Distribution, End-User etc.)
- Prepare work to be estimated by gathering blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Identify and compute material costs by studying blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Present prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information to management
- Maintain cost data base by entering and backing up data
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (EE or ET preferred) or Computer Science, is strongly desired but relevant work experience will be considered
- Prior Application Support, Technical Support, or Product Management of a technical product (nurse call, telephony, or capital equipment)
- Proven experience as estimator or similar position
- Prior experience in the acute care market place is highly desirable
- Familiarity with financial principles
- In depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas
- Excellent numerical skills/math and IT ability with an analytical mindset
- Proficient in relevant software (MS Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Thoroughness, reliability and apt in managing relationships with key persons
- Excellent organizational skills
Candidates should submit their resume with detailed work history via online application process to be considered for the position.
Jeron offers a competitive compensation program, depending on experience, as well as, as robust benefits package to its employees.