Electronics Repair Service Technician
- 7501 N Natchez Ave, Niles, IL 60714, USA
Jeron Electronic Systems, Inc. is a dynamic organization that sets the standard for excellence with our products. Jeron is a leading manufacturer of communication systems for the healthcare, education, and security markets with an extensive base of distributor partners and installed facilities. Based in the Chicago (Niles, IL) area, Jeron has provided communication solutions since 1965.
Jeron Electronic Systems, Inc. is currently seeking a Full Time Repair Service Technician staff member to work in our production facility in Niles, Illinois.
This is a 1st Shift position, with a schedule from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm (Mon -- Fri), with occasional overtime required based on production requirements. This is a non-exempt (hourly) position with a rate of pay determined by experience.
This position is responsible for testing, trouble-shooting and repair of electronic assemblies. These assemblies are typically field returns but may include production repairs. Associated tasks include paperwork and data entry to track product and processes.
- Troubleshoot and test electronics assemblies using various methods, fixtures and test equipment
- Perform PCB repairs down to component level including replacing through-hole and SMT components, wires, connectors, etc.
- Accommodate changes in customer and business needs
- Complete associated paperwork and data entry
- Other duties or projects, as assigned
Required skills and qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills – must have both excellent verbal and written skills to communicate ideas and technical information
- Attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of and understanding of digital and analog electronics
- Solid mechanical aptitude
- Thorough knowledge of and understanding of using standard electronic test equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, function generators, and power supplies
- Ability to read and understand schematic and wiring diagrams
- Good organizational skills
- Be able to lift up to 40 lb. boxes
- Time management skills – must have the ability to prioritize and organize work efficiently
- Analytical skills – must be able troubleshoot and solve problems
- Dependability – job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable for completing the duties and projects on time
- Ability to troubleshoot to component level
Experience and Education:
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics
- Trouble-shooting and repair of digital and analog circuits
Candidates should submit their resume with detailed work history via online application process to be considered for the position.
Jeron offers a competitive compensation program, depending on experience, as well as, as robust benefits package to its employees.