Product Development Engineer
- 2348 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
- Talent Pool: Pilots in Denver
We build best-in-class, audiophile-grade amplifiers.
We're is looking for an energetic lead product development engineer to join our team. High level, you'll be responsible for our mechanical engineering and product development from early prototyping to mass production. Ideally, you have been through several product cycles and have a wealth of war stories to draw upon. You'll be working out of a dream facility in Palo Alto with access to the top of the line metal and 3D printers and CNC milling machines and will be working with top-tier talent in the consumer product industry. You're the kind of person who takes pride in bringing game-changing products to the masses, and are willing and able to go the extra mile to do so. And you're an audio nerd.
- Implement product vision with detailed part and assembly design, analysis, and functional validation incorporating DFx principles and engineering best practices
- Interface with cross-functional teams, including ID, EE, R&D, operations, and management to meet or exceed NPI targets for our next generation of products
- Design products with complex interactions between thermal, vibrational and acoustic characteristics
- Hands-on engineering and problem-solving on multiple projects with aggressive schedules and cycles
- 5+ years product development experience – must have brought consumer electronics products from concept through mass production
- BSME, MSME or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of CAD solid modeling, cosmetic surfacing, tolerance stackups; master modeling experience a plus
- Must be a self-starter able to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment across functional boundaries
- Experience evaluating and selecting vendors
- Willingness to travel to Asia
Nice to have
- Love of music - a huge bonus
- Experience with human factors and ergonomics
- Soft-goods/accessories experience
- Creo experience preferred
- Manufacturer service agreement negotiation is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.