Join our powerful and diverse team at Jellyfish, where we share a common goal of using data to inspire clients, partners, and each other. As the SEO Director, you will lead complex data solutions, mentor team members, drive multi-capability presentations, and take ownership of KPIs. Join us in our mission to deliver data-inspired excellence! We are hiring a SEO Director to join our team. We are a diverse and global network of skilled individuals that share the common goal of using data to inspire clients, partners, and each other.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the team primarily by defining and leading all strategies for their accounts and ensuring the delivery team has everything needed to deliver to standard, within budget, and on time.
- Accountable for the performance of their accounts on all levels.
- Lead internally by understanding the BAU tasks of the global team, communicating with other directors and teams to make sure that processes are globally aligned, contributing to product development, representing Jellyfish values at all times, and taking direct action towards completion of Jellyfish/capability thematic goals.
Strategic Project Initiative:
- Develop strong working relationships with all key client stakeholders
- Internal communications from a Director are at the highest standard and set the example for others to follow (i.e. detailed handovers, clear what/where/when/how and WHY per tasking, agendas per meeting, follow ups)
- Understands every aspect of their account within channel (SEO) and seeks to understand all aspects outside of the channel - to the level where they can consult with a client at any time, on any detail
- Accountable for the service delivered to a client, the performance against agreed KPIs, and the profitability of the account in general - they will work closely with Client Management and Project Management to ensure all measures for internal success are performing well (and define clear and immediate solutions when they are not)
- Define the strategy and roadmaps for their accounts at the beginning of an engagement, and demonstrably update/adapt on a quarterly basis (at a minimum)
- Accountable for the performance of those within their account/project teams, seek to identify areas for improvement, and actively support others in developing as they deliver against the tasks
- Your role within an account team is one of leadership for all those within that team - beyond just the Director's own capability. They lead by example and are the go-to strategic decision-maker. They also take accountability for delegating effectively and defining roles & responsibilities for all those involved.
- You’ll work alongside Project Management and Client Management is exemplary - and they will often cover elements of those specialisms by default during a client engagement.
- Lead dedicated Steering initiatives by taking responsibility for areas they have been assigned/volunteered for. They feed into ongoing Steering focus areas and represent the Global Leadership of Earned Media as a whole - disseminating key messages, motivating the team, directing people in a unified manner aligned to Steering goals, and leading by example.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced understanding of SEO and typically multiple years of experience operating at the equivalent of Jellyfish's Snr. Manager level.
- Directors are known for their specialisms within and beyond the capability. You demonstrate an advanced level of subject matter expertise, to the point where they can consult with any client in that area, to the highest level required. You also make efforts to scale their knowledge wherever possible across Jellyfish.
- You have an advanced understanding of all areas of SEO and Search-Driven Content, excel when it comes to leading by example, motivating others, organising resources, and contributing directly to the wider operational/progression goals of the capability.
- You also have an appetite and understanding of how SEO fits into the wider marketing picture - keen to identify and explore opportunities for multi-channel initiatives within their account(s).
- This role involves ongoing regular support for the entire capability, contribution to knowledge sharing initiatives/training, and even the creation of new training materials to be scaled across the global team.
- You contribute to Jellyfish community activities, groups or events - directly contributing to the overall culture and comms within the business
At Jellyfish, we value your trust through our hiring process. Unfortunately, there has been an increase in fake recruiters impersonating Jellyfish and unlawfully using our brand name.
BEWARE OF RECRUITMENT SCAMS:
If you are unsure if an email with a job offer you have received is genuinely from Jellyfish or if you suspect any fraudulent activity, please report it to us at [email protected].
Thank you for considering a career with Jellyfish!
“Jellyfish will give preference to Employment Equity candidates in accordance with the company’s Employment Equity Plan and it’s Affirmative Action measures.”
Equal Opportunity Employer: Jellyfish is committed to making adjustments in our recruitment process to enable you to demonstrate your full potential. Should you require reasonable accommodation, please fill out the form here.
- Flexible working
- Annual Bonus
- Training and Development
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counseling