VP Financial Accounting & Tax
Jellyfish is your digital partner. We support and drive digital transformation by providing the right technology, strategy and training.
With offices across the globe, we are focused on increasing our network, client base and digital services to the biggest brands on the planet.
We are ‘One Jellyfish’, we know how important it is not just to have the best people in the world working with us, but to also recognize and reward this talent. What’s stopping you from joining our award winning team?
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements in line with group reporting and audit deadlines.
- Preparation of UK subsidiary financial statements.
- Overseeing and coordinating the year end audit of consolidated financial statements.
- Oversee year end audit of overseas subsidiaries where applicable.
- Preparation of monthly consolidated balance sheet and cash flow for use in management accounts along with analysis of the balance sheet against prior month and against budget for The Board.
- Preparation of the yearly balance sheet budget and cash flow along with a re-forecast at H1 close.
- Monitoring of key balance sheet metrics such as Net Debt, and Working Capital.
- Preparation of CAPEX journals and asset values for internally developed intangible fixed assets in line with IFRS.
- Compiling key IFRS calculations along with supporting schedules for audit for the following standards:
- IFRS 16 - Leases
- IFRS 2 - Share Based Payments
- IFRS 9 - Financial Instruments
- IAS 38 - Intangible Assets
- IFRS 3 - Business Combinations
- Work with external tax experts to prepare tax computations and returns for all global entities.
- Prepare and maintain schedules of tax payments, charges and accruals globally.
- Undertake research into overseas withholding taxes for combinations of ‘billing from’ and ‘billing to’ territories, and advising on the most appropriate combinations.
- Maintain and calculate the Group Transfer Pricing model and quarterly charges, along with local and master files prepared by our external consultants.
- Advise and assist with the merging or dissolution of historic subsidiary entities in line with the business strategy.
- Provide advice and support to the general finance team in all aspects of financial accounting and tax, for example:
- VAT / Sales Tax
- Calculation of interest on loans
- Calculation of FX gains and losses on translations of assets / liabilities
- Accounting entries for more complex journals outside normal business
- Intercompany recharges
- Revenue recognition
- ACA or ACCA fully qualified.
- Preparing global consolidations
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- FRS102 (UK GAAP)
- Coordinating external audits
- Preferably a practice background (qualifying with an accounting firm, gaining experience working with large groups would be preferable)
- Dealing with technical accounting areas such as IFRS 2 share based payments, business combinations, disposals of subsidiaries, Internally developed intangible assets, impairment reviews
Equal Opportunity Employer: Jellyfish is committed to making adjustments in our recruitment process to enable you to demonstrate your full potential. Should you require reasonable accommodation, please fill out the form here.
- Flexible working
- Annual Bonus
- Training and Development
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counseling