Lead Cloud Engineer (Hybrid)
Jellyfish is your digital partner. We support and drive digital transformation by providing the right technology, strategy and training.
We are one of the world’s fastest-growing number of talented people across our expanding global network. We are Google’s leading global partner. And our close relationship is growing where we are, what we do and how we deliver it. And to do this, we want to grow our skillset. We’d like you to join our journey as ONE Jellyfish.
- Provide project ownership, leadership and accountability for stability and quality assurance across various cloud platforms
- Introduce best practices for documentation, code quality and change control by introducing processes and policies for Terraform, Docker and Helm
- Ensure governance and security compliance is maintained throughout the full project lifecycle
- Liaise with customers to propose and provide time estimates for modern production-ready solutions from customer requirements
- Act as an escalation point for junior/mid-weight/senior engineers
- Review and oversee platform enhancements
- Advise on new technologies to make sure Jellyfish are always evolving
- Execute implementations to tight deadlines, working well both independently and as part of a team
- Communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff and the business
- Managing large cloud projects for our clients across multiple regions globally
- Work closely with other lead engineers to improve knowledge sharing and ensure the quality of day-to-day practices is consistent across teams
- Ensure the team are working in a DevOps methodology
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment trying to always achieve new goals
What you’ll need
- Experience with leading and mentoring team members
- Must have experience with website-related projects.
- Strong communication skills. (This Role Is Client Facing)
- Strong hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- An understanding of microservice architecture
- An Understanding performance enhancement technologies (CDN, Caching, etc)
- Practice SRE concepts and design
- Practice DevOps concepts and design
- Ability to scope and estimate technical web builds
- Effectively conduct architectural reviews
- Strong hands-on experience with a public cloud platform
- Competent with Dockerizing application
- Knowledge of Web technologies (LAMP & LEMP)
- Experience with Terraform or other IaC technologies
- Develop and maintain CI Pipelines
- Certified Cloud Solutions Architect (AWS or Azure or Google Cloud )
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator
- Experience of content and e-commerce systems (WordPress, Drupal and Magento)
This position does require a 60% remote / 40% office adherence.
Salary Range - 140,000 USD - 180,000 USD
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Jellyfish is committed to making adjustments in our recruitment process to enable you to demonstrate your full potential. Should you require reasonable accommodation, please fill out the form here.
- Flexible working
- Annual Bonus
- Anniversary Increase
- Training and Development
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counseling