- 2200 Bridge Pkwy, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA
Jasper Therapeutics is a start-up company out of Stanford University with a lead clinical-stage program that is a first-in-class and potentially breakthrough antibody to safely replace chemo-radiation as a conditioning agent for diseases for which hematopoietic cell transplants (HCT) of allogeneic or gene-modified cells are the only known curative therapy. These diseases include but are not limited to rare genetic blood diseases such as the primary immune deficiency diseases, hemoglobinopathies, and myeloid disorders including myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia. Additional potential indications include immune tolerance induction for the cure of autoimmune disorders and to facilitate acceptance of solid organ transplants. By creating novel, safe and highly effective conditioning regimens for hematopoietic transplantation, Jasper is leading the field with innovative clinical trials to safely bring cures to patients suffering from a variety of life-threatening diseases.
The Jasper vision is to build a leading biotechnology company to advance the field of hematopoietic cell transplantation by leveraging its basic and translational science to generate a pipeline of innovative therapeutics in the areas of HCT conditioning, immune modulation, cell engineering and gene editing therapies.
The Senior Accountant will be part of the controllership organization and will own the assigned accounting functions. He/ She will perform a variety of accounting responsibilities to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, SOX, and company policies and procedures. The Senior Accountant is a critical position within the accounting organization and will support variety of month-end closing, financial reporting and accounting activities. The ideal candidate will have a blend of public accounting and corporate accounting experience with a publicly traded company. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on detail oriented professional with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Support month end, quarter end and year end close process;
- Accounting and reporting of cash activities, investment income, prepaid expenses, other assets, fixed assets, lease accounting, general expense accruals;
- Prepare and book payroll entries in NetSuite;
- Prepare and book equity related entries;
- Prepare and book R&D accruals and prepaid entries;
- Summarize and report R&D projects hours;
- Reconcile the GL accounts;
- Prepare property, sales and use tax and franchise tax returns;
- Assist in tie outs and supporting financial reporting;
- Partner with colleagues in AP, Accounting, FP&A and SEC Reporting;
- Interface with various departments including R&D, Legal, HR, and Facilities;
- Maintain and enhance the internal controls operational accounting and systems.
information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.