- 1555 Main St, Antioch, IL 60002, USA
- Employees can work remotely
James Hamlin & Co., P.C. is a licensed CPA firm helping clients maximize their profit potential while achieving and exceeding their business growth goals. In addition to accounting and tax services, James Hamlin & Co. assists clients through its related divisions of payroll, information technology and financial services. Established in 1964, James Hamlin & Co. is a second-generation, family-owned business with nearly 50 employees serving hundreds of businesses and thousands of individuals.
If you enjoy building relationships and helping clients understand the ever evolving tax code, keep reading! We are seeking a Tax Preparer to join our team. This position has variable hours based on business needs with a required full-time commitment from February to mid-April. We prefer applicants who want a continuing year-after-year position. We are excited to help retiring preparers transition from full-time, to part-time, to retirement. A successful Tax Preparer will:
- Prepare individual federal and state income tax returns
- Verify past tax forms for accuracy
- Interview clients annually to get a thorough picture of their financial situation
- Proactively communicate with clients to gather missing pieces of information for tax returns
- Consult tax law guidance for difficult tax returns/complex issues
- Share findings with all firm tax preparers, occasionally presenting on such topics
- Work autonomously under the pressure of tight deadlines and multiple priorities
- Calculate and invoice form preparation fees per firm policy as returns are prepared
- Review and maintain accounts receivable on a monthly basis
- Recommend additional products and services to clients
- Participate in creating and achieving individual and department goals
- Perform all work in compliance with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Maintain compliance with legislation and tax regulations
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality, personal and ethical standards
Working remotely may be an option, though training will take place in our Antioch office.
Please no calls or drop-ins. Only online applicants will be considered.
- 1-2 years of recent tax return preparation experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills to enable effective decision-making
- Solid written and oral communication skills as well as computer skills
- Some proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Detail oriented, highly accurate and able to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a PTIN and continuing tax education
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.