Business and Shopper Insights Analyst
- 600 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
- Sub-Department: Commercial Strategy
- Department: Sales
- Site Location: Minneapolis
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into the world’ largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground, to realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Join the team, make a difference, be part of something bigger.
Link Snacks, Ink (“Jack Link’s”) is the #1 Meat Snack brand in the U.S. Headquartered in Minong, Wisconsin, Link Snacks is a family-owned and operated company that represents a heritage of quality, safety and innovation. The company is made up of passionate team members who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products. Sold in more than 40 countries, the Link Snacks’ family of companies owns a portfolio of brands that includes Jack Link’s®, Lorissa’s Kitchen®, Wild River®, Golden Island®, MATADOR®, BiFi®, and Peperami®.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide business insights, analytics, and reporting to various cross-functional teams such as: senior leadership, commercial strategy, sales, category management, & marketing. This role is part of the Business & Shopper Insights team in the Commercial Strategy and Sales Operations department.
This role is focused on leveraging the data resources we have aligned with our Small Format customers. This role is the primary user of MSA, SPS Portals, and IRI Convenience Customer Portals. This role is primary contact for those on the small format sales team when they need analytical or insights support.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage and maintain monthly and weekly customer reporting using syndicated and retailer specific data sources for leadership and cross-functional teams to quickly understanding market trends, sales performance, and growth opportunities
- Analyze complex sets of data to provide insights and recommendations addressing product, placement, pricing, and promotions to support the achievement of sales and marketing objectives
- Identify and validate opportunities within a given category or channel using customer POS, syndicated sales data, household panel data, shopper survey research, and other consumer and category research
- Assist in development of presentations that effectively communicate data driven category, business, and shopper insights to cross-functional teams
- Assist in managing relationships with syndicated data and research vendors
- Help cross-functional teams leverage Link Snacks business and shopper insights data resources
- Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree in Marketing, Analytics, or Business
- 1-4 years of analytical experience in a consumer goods, retail, or other relevant industry experience
- Knowledge and experience working with syndicated POS data (Nielsen, IRI), Household Panel data, or Shopper Card Data (e.g. Nielsen, IRI, NPD, Numerator, 84.51, dunnhumby, SPINS, Stratum, Spectra/demographics)
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills; with the ability to turn data into a story
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced Excel with experience using tools such as VLOOKUP, Index Match, Advanced conditional formatting, Pivot Tables/Charts and reporting, and Macros
- Strong attention to detail, technical reporting, and analytical abilities
- Solid verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Problem-solving skills
- Experience analyzing industry and category data and applying insights to customer or business objectives.
- Interest in shopper insights, sales, customer planning, strategy development, consumer trends, or category management.
- Experience using deductive reasoning, understanding hierarchical relationships, and identifying gaps in logic to solve problems
- Team player with a "can do" attitude
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
- Willingness to travel when required
- Experience working within complex data sets via visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Microsoft Access, or PowerBI)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.