Operations Specialist 2nd Shift
- One Snackfood Ln, Minong, WI 54859, USA
- Sub-Department: Continuous Improvement
- Department: Operations
- Site Location: Minong
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into the world’s largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground, to realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Join the team, make a difference, be part of something bigger.
Link Snacks, Ink (“Jack Link’s”) is the #1 Meat Snack brand in the U.S. Headquartered in Minong, Wisconsin, Link Snacks is a family-owned and operated company that represents a heritage of quality, safety and innovation. The company is made up of passionate team members who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products. Sold in more than 40 countries, the Link Snacks’ family of companies owns a portfolio of brands that includes Jack Link’s®, Lorissa’s Kitchen®, Wild River®, Golden Island®, MATADOR®, BiFi®, and Peperami®.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist is responsible for assisting the implementation of the Jack Link’s Continuous Improvement Process. The position will be a resource to the Plant Leadership and Performance System implementation teams facilitating meetings, kaizen events, metrics and assisting in the root cause problem solving processes within the facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
• Be the plant level change agent responsible for leading and managing continuous improvement process.
• Work along with the Plant Leadership Team to monitor plant targets and Key Performance Indicators and coordinate ideal utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, & personnel to improve efficiency of operations.
• Establish action plans and follow-up meetings, as needed, to advance process improvements to achieve targets
• Instill “hands-on,” systematic approach to problem solving (“Gemba”)
• Continually challenge individuals and teams to improve through systematic application of continuous improvement methodologies and leading by example.
• Manage the plant level Key Performance Indicator charting and posting process including daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s.
• Simplify the data line performance collection process, automate if possible.
• Leverage Statistics and other data analysis methods to provide data to plant teams and operational leadership to facilitate the improvement of operations within the facility.
• Be a member on improvement teams to help with data analysis, problem solving and presentation of solutions to various levels of the organization.
• Facilitate Kaizen Events to drive improvements in performance.
• Be the owner of the Simple Root Cause problem solving tool and train people on its use.
• Work with R&D on new products and operational tests.
• Other special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Business, Engineering, Food Science, or other related field. Will consider candidates with another technical degree and related experience.
• 3-5 years of experience in continuous improvement
• 2 year of experience in a manufacturing environment
• Six Sigma Lean training knowledge and experience
• Experience in statistical process control, root-cause analysis, and or analytical methods
• Master’s Degree
• Six Sigma Green Belt certified.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
• Ability to analyze data/inventory
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; must work effectively with all levels of management and team members.
• Demonstrated ability to diplomatically communicate needs and recommendations
• Proven ability to build consensus across functions and shifts in a plant.
• Actively seek to utilize a “Collaborative Team Approach” in all situations.
• Demonstrated proactive style that ensures the completion of projects despite obstacles.
• Ability to build interpersonal relationships within a manufacturing environment
• Microsoft Office Skills - Strong Word, High Proficiency Excel and PowerPoint skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or hear. The employee occasionally reach with hands and arms. The employee must rarely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a plant / office setting with varying degrees of temperatures (from 40-100 degrees) and noise levels. Exposure to manufacturing equipment movement and wet / slippery floors. Travel may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.