Sr. Customer Development Manager
- 805 South Walton, Bentonville, AR, United States
- Sub-Department: Retail Sales
- Department: Sales
- Site Location: Bentonville
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into the world’ largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground, to realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Join the team, make a difference, be part of something bigger.
Link Snacks, Ink (“Jack Link’s”) is the #1 Meat Snack brand in the U.S. Headquartered in Minong, Wisconsin, Link Snacks is a family-owned and operated company that represents a heritage of quality, safety and innovation. The company is made up of passionate team members who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products. Sold in more than 40 countries, the Link Snacks’ family of companies owns a portfolio of brands that includes Jack Link’s®, Lorissa’s Kitchen®, Wild River®, Golden Island®, MATADOR®, BiFi®, and Peperami®.
Join Jack Link's as a Sr. Customer Development Manager to grow and develop total Jack Link’s sales & profitability across Walmart by implementing detailed strategic sales plans. In this position, you will work closely within a department of Walmart as well as internal departments such as trade planning, marketing, e-comm and business intelligence.
The ideal candidate will live in Northwest Arkansas and office at the local office located in Bentonville.
Your focus will be to:
- Build strong customer relationships with the buyer and replenishment team
- Develop solid DSMP (Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, Pricing) plans that drive category growth
- Clearly understand customer strategy and align on annual business plans that meet growth expectations
Specifically, you will:
- Achieve top & bottom-line sales & profit goals
- Lead Joint Business Plans (JBP’s) across all segments (measured monthly, quarterly, and annually)
- Develop 1-3-year strategic customer plans by segment
- Provide transparent & timely communication to internal team members and our customers/brokers
- Develop plans for channel-specific business opportunities focused on expanding Jack Link’s in-store presence
- Analyze customer data and developing an action plan to achieve sales goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product Management, Trade Marketing, Research & Development) in creating both short & long-term category and channel strategies
- Create and present information in a compelling and persuasive manner
- Effectively wire relationships throughout customer organizations and at various levels internally at Jack Link’s: Executive Management, Operations, Supply Planning, and Marketing
- Manage deduction and AR issues on all applicable accounts
- Work with retail third party to achieve in store objectives
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of CPG experience within the industry
- 5+ years of Direct Sales Experience
- High sense of urgency
- Respectful candor with a direct approach
- Full ownership over all aspects of the customer relationship
- Proactive cross-functional engagement to build 360-degree plans
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Ability to influence
- Solid Excel skills which will drive efficiency
- Ability to keep-up in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Approximately 10-15% travel depending on business needs
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.