loading - first shift
- One Snackfood Ln, Minong, WI 54859, USA
- Sub-Department: Formulation, Raw, & Processing
- Department: Operations
- Site Location: Minong
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into the world’s largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground, to realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Join the team, make a difference, be part of something bigger.
Link Snacks, Ink (“Jack Link’s”) is the #1 Meat Snack brand in the U.S. Headquartered in Minong, Wisconsin, Link Snacks is a family-owned and operated company that represents a heritage of quality, safety and innovation. The company is made up of passionate team members who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products. Sold in more than 40 countries, the Link Snacks’ family of companies owns a portfolio of brands that includes Jack Link’s®, Lorissa’s Kitchen®, Wild River®, Golden Island®, MATADOR®, BiFi®, and Peperami®.
The role of the Production Worker is to perform necessary functions in order to efficiently, safely, and correctly prepare and process raw material to prepare it for cooking or cut & package finished product in preparation for shipment to customer. Wages start at $17.50 per hour, shift differentials depending on shift. Higher wages are available depending on experience and position. Automatic pay increases at 6 and 12 months.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Follow daily production schedule and achieve specified goals.
- Ensure product conforms to specifications.
- Prevent and minimize rework and/or inedible.
- May require working on taping machines, shrink wrap machines, pallet jacks, trash and recycling compactors.
- Perform standard operating procedures of production and inspection functions as directed.
- Successfully complete all necessary technical training and skills verification as directed.
- Successfully complete all necessary soft skills training as directed.
- Return from breaks in a timely manner; notify lead/foreman/supervisor before leaving the department.
- Accurately complete all necessary paperwork as directed.
- Attend all department and company scheduled meetings.
- Works scheduled shift as assigned.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Immediately report all accidents and deficiencies to the lead/foreman/supervisor.
- Ensure safety devices are installed and working properly.
- Suggest improvements; continuously improve the quality of all support activities.
- Perform all required duties within OSHA and company safety standards.
- Follows set company and OSHA safety rules, regulations, and guidelines at all times.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) training, along with company pre-requisite programs, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP’s).
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Ensure products are correctly labeled and identified for proper disposition.
- Keep record of products used to follow FIFO (first in – first out)
- Add ingredients to batch and verify against formulations in Blending system.
- Move meat into machine(s) and/or combos and/or v-mags using appropriate tools and techniques
- Load meat racks, push meat trucks from one area to another, visually monitoring meat for quality.
- Maintain accurate records, washing and sanitizing carts, racks, and trucks.
Ready to Eat:
- Count and place packages in appropriate caddies, maintaining accurate records, washing and sanitizing carts, racks, and trucks.
- Handling finished product, placing it continuously in trays or assembly lines to be shipped to our customers.
- Making pallets by stacking boxes onto pallets, preparing the pallet with cardboard wrapping, manually shrink wrapping, and pulling/pushing pallets with manual pallet jack.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education: None
Required Experience: None
Preferred: Knowledge of warehouse and assembly line experience is a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to perform repetitive functions.
- Must adhere to all company policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Must be able to accept direction from Department Leads and supervisors
- Must be able to communicate with co-workers and supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment.
- Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attendance and dependability
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Work well with others
- Great communication skills
All your info
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a plant / office setting with varying degrees of temperatures and noise levels. Exposure to manufacturing equipment movement and wet / slippery floors. Travel may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Jack Link's is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jack Link's provides the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new Team Member’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We do not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that Jack Link’s has violated our responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
rmation will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.