Sanitation Team Lead Rotating Shifts - Nights
- One Snackfood Ln, Minong, WI 54859, USA
- Sub-Department: Sanitation
- Department: Operations
- Site Location: Minong
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into the world’s largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground, to realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Join the team, make a difference, be part of something bigger.
Link Snacks, Ink (“Jack Link’s”) is the #1 Meat Snack brand in the U.S. Headquartered in Minong, Wisconsin, Link Snacks is a family-owned and operated company that represents a heritage of quality, safety and innovation. The company is made up of passionate team members who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products. Sold in more than 40 countries, the Link Snacks’ family of companies owns a portfolio of brands that includes Jack Link’s®, Lorissa’s Kitchen®, Wild River®, Golden Island®, MATADOR®, BiFi®, and Peperami®.
The Sanitation Lead assists and coordinates activities concerned with all Sanitation operations. Ensures the cleaning and sanitizing of all production equipment, production areas, and facility in accordance with Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP’s). Confirms readiness for morning inspection by QA and USDA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with Supervisor to plan and schedule work for team.
- Leads a team of Sanitation Specialists who complete the proper and timely cleaning and sanitation of all processing areas within acceptable levels consistent with JL and USDA guidelines.
- Ensure all equipment is operational for shift start-up (i.e., belts and other equipment reassembled).
- Understand and perform all procedures to set-up and perform minor adjustments of machinery.
- Assist the Sanitation Supervisor/Manager to document all process and procedures in SOP format.
- Perform production paperwork, and control procedures with complete accuracy.
- Proper and timely cleaning and sanitation of all processing areas within acceptable levels consistent with company and USDA guidelines.
- Always keep all chemical containers properly labeled and clean .
- Fill out Pre-Op inspection sheets daily.
- Properly use personal protection equipment when dispensing or working with chemicals.
- Perform all duties within OSHA and company safety standards; Lockout/Tag Out (LOTO), wear PPE and maintain safety equipment.
- Use proper Lockout/Tag out (LOTO) procedures.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Keep warehouse neat and organized daily.
- Immediately report all accidents and deficiencies to the supervisor.
- Ensure safety devices are installed and working properly.
- Monitor work environment for general food safety hazards such as condensation monitoring, etc.
- Report chemical equipment malfunctions to Sanitation Supervisor/Manager immediately.
- Communicate with peers, subordinates, and leaders in an effective, timely manner.
- Continuously collaborate with Sanitation Supervisor/Manager to communicate daily production expectations, directives and schedules, challenges and problems that arise, protocol and schedule changes, personnel issues.
- Keep supervisor informed daily of problems incurred during the shift.
- Communication to and for the team.
- Communicate effectively with personnel and manager to prevent and address any machine malfunctions.
- Confer with appropriate personnel to coordinate activities between departments.
- Work with QA personnel to ensure all standards are met.
- Suggest improvements; continuously improve the quality of all support activities.
- Follow good manufacturing practices and HACCP training, along with company pre-requisite programs, SOP’s, and SSOP’s.
- Coordinate team member training and morale building with the supervisor. Training includes proper machine training and documentation.
- Continuously provide cross training and skill development to staff in order to build bench strength.
- Address employee concerns and coach employees on proper behaviors and performance.
- Contribute to the employee performance appraisal process by providing behavior and performance feedback to the supervisor.
- Ensure team members are properly attired and ready to start promptly at start time, and after authorized breaks.
- Encourage personnel to stay productive, even during down times.
- Clearly communicate work assignments, directives, and expected outcomes with Sanitation personnel.
- Support a culture at the plant which values Personnel Safety and Food Safety.
- Support a culture of openness and accountability within (and outside) the assigned department.
- Set an example by demonstrating professionalism; encourage and insist on positive attitudes and behaviors from team members.
- Encourage a team spirit where all associates have pride in their line, and therefore continually attempt to break records and set new production standards.
- Encourage employee initiative and innovation and show recognition for effort & achievement.
- Create and cultivate positive work relationships at all levels of the plant/organization.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education: None
Required Experience: 6 months of relevant experience
Preferred: High School Diploma or GED and experience in the food industry
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
Solid verbal and written communication skills; must work effectively with different levels of management and employee groups.
Must demonstrate leadership, problem solving, and employee motivational skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to perform repetitive functions.
- Must adhere to all company policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a plant / office setting with varying degrees of temperatures and noise levels. Exposure to manufacturing equipment movement and wet / slippery floors. Travel may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Jack Link's is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jack Link's provides the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new Team Member’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We do not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that Jack Link’s has violated our responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.