IT Support Tech II
- One Snackfood Ln, Minong, WI 54859, USA
- Sub-Department: IT General
- Department: IT
- Site Location: Minong
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into the world’s largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground, to realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Join the team, make a difference, be part of something bigger.
Link Snacks, Ink (“Jack Link’s”) is the #1 Meat Snack brand in the U.S. Headquartered in Minong, Wisconsin, Link Snacks is a family-owned and operated company that represents a heritage of quality, safety and innovation. The company is made up of passionate team members who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products. Sold in more than 40 countries, the Link Snacks’ family of companies owns a portfolio of brands that includes Jack Link’s®, Lorissa’s Kitchen®, Wild River®, Golden Island®, MATADOR®, BiFi®, and Peperami®.
To provide Awesome Customer Service and support to team members and enterprise projects in a fast-paced environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Build and test standard system builds for PCs/Laptops/Handhelds, etc. and their associated hardware
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot PCs/Laptops/Handhelds, etc. and their associated software
- Identify and test patch sets for end user devices according to patch and security policies with the JLBJ environment
- Utilize and update enterprise ticketing system to keep record of work assigned and maintain expected Problem/Service Level Agreements with the business and if necessary ensure timely escalation of client problems
- Perform level 1 and 2 analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of technical problems for a variety of end users plus identify, test and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair, as needed
- Provide incident management through help desk notification and tracking
- Complete all requested move, add and changes for customers
- Respond to customer issues through email, phone and in person requests
- Be a point of contact for the Jack Link’s Global Help Desk for IT support and coordinate with Global infrastructure, application teams, and the IT Security Team as needed to support the business needs
- Maintain an inventory of all computers, monitors, printers, scanners, licenses, etc. for the local site
- As part of the Jack Link’s Global Help Desk, be apart of team collaboration, knowledge growth, and follow all processes and procedures
- Ensure completion of all IT onboarding activities for new team members
- Provide on-call, off-hours and weekend support, on a rotational basis, as assigned to support the JLBJ staff
- Travel to other locations for onsite support (listed above) 10% of time
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 plus years desktop support experience
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Able to read and understand technical manuals and procedural documentation
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of current technological developments and trends in industry
- Valid driver’s license and insurable
- Ability to travel to other plants
- 2 year technical degree in computer science field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a food plant / office setting with varying degrees of temperatures and noise levels. Exposure to manufacturing equipment movement and wet / slippery floors. Travel may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.