Quality Auditor 3rd Shift (Fri-Sun 4a-6:30p)
- 1829 1st Ave, Mankato, MN 56001, USA
- Sub-Department: Food Safety Quality
- Department: Operations
- Site Location: Mankato
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into the world’s largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground, to realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Join the team, make a difference, be part of something bigger.
Link Snacks, Ink (“Jack Link’s”) is the #1 Meat Snack brand in the U.S. Headquartered in Minong, Wisconsin, Link Snacks is a family-owned and operated company that represents a heritage of quality, safety and innovation. The company is made up of passionate team members who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products. Sold in more than 40 countries, the Link Snacks’ family of companies owns a portfolio of brands that includes Jack Link’s®, Lorissa’s Kitchen®, Wild River®, Golden Island®, MATADOR®, BiFi®, and Peperami®.
The FSQ Auditor supports the implementation of HACCP, SOP, SQF, and R&D and performs plant-wide auditing functions. This role completes documentation; ensures that product specifications are met; customer quality expectations are achieved; USDA regulations are complied with; all quality issues are identified, investigated, and addressed. Monitoring room temperatures, monitoring product temperatures, and monitoring product quality/consistency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Perform quality inspections on random product samples to ensure samples meet company specific Quality standards. [For example: thickness, weights, lengths, count, metal detector, etc.]
- Perform pre-op – depending on time, scheduling and production including first piece checks at start of shift or new product changeover.
- Monitoring the overall safety of the food quality to ensure accurate product identification and recipe instructions are being followed. Answer questions regarding rejected product, damage on inbound cases and mislabeled cases.
- Follow plant holds and releases.
- Enter quality inspection data into electronic/written form.
- Record deviations/issues into compliance tracker and inform lead/supervisor of said deviations or defects.
- Process inbound and outbound supplier corrective action requests.
- Perform weekly daily audits.
- Prepares necessary forms and trend charts in support of kitchen or packaging inspection function.
- Implement corrective actions on deviations found during quality inspections, including product loss or adjustments.
- Review of documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- HACCP sign off – dependent on qualifications and availability.
- Review/Close out hold tags as necessary- list should be printed off daily, hold tags must be accounted for; report missing hold tags to lead/supervisor.
- Verify equipment is in good condition and calibrated, as needed.
- HACCP, SSOP, SQF, Prerequisite program maintenance - accuracy, completeness, implementation; aligned with review of production paperwork, verifications, calibrations, and counseling, etc.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) training, along with company pre-requisite programs, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP’s). Observe team members to ensure compliance, coach as necessary.
- Acts as a backup for daily operational checklists.
- Assist Quality Control Supervisor with serious or repeated quality problems to help determine the cause and prevent further occurrences.
- Maintain SQF and HACCP book, keep documents up to date.
- Assist with Quality Control and Production audits.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Perform all duties within OSHA and company safety standards; LOTO, wear PPE and maintain safety equipment.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Immediately report all accidents and deficiencies to the lead/foreman/supervisor.
- Ensure safety devices are installed and working properly.
- Monitor work environment for general food safety hazards such as condensation monitoring, etc.
- Communicate with coworkers and leaders in an effective, timely manner.
- Keep foreman/supervisor informed daily of problems incurred during the shift.
- Suggest improvements; continuously improve the quality of all support activities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education: High school diploma or GED
Required Experience: 1-2 years of experience and/or training in a manufacturing or food environment
- Knowledge and experience in quality systems and production
- Prior knowledge of food processing equipment
- Basic knowledge of supply chain, purchasing, materials and/or manufacturing
- Knowledge of SAP
- HACCP certification preferred, must be completed within 6 months
- Ability to calibrate delicate instruments and take accurate readings on fine gauges.
- College degree
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
- An aptitude for math is required.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and/or maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to collaborate with remote employees and work as part of a team.
- Must have exceptional time management skills.
- Firm knowledge of quality assurance methods, product testing methods, standard measurements, regulatory compliance standards, and documentation procedures
- Proficient in Internet navigation, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must demonstrate effective leadership, problem solving, presentation, and employee motivational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or more up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a plant / office setting with varying degrees of temperatures and noise levels. Exposure to manufacturing equipment movement and wet / slippery floors. However; the vast amount of work is conducted in a climate-controlled office.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.