Director, Total Rewards
- 600 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
- Sub-Department: Total Rewards
- Department: HR
- Site Location: Minneapolis
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into the world’s largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground, to realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Join the team, make a difference, be part of something bigger.
Link Snacks, Ink (“Jack Link’s”) is the #1 Meat Snack brand in the U.S. Headquartered in Minong, Wisconsin, Link Snacks is a family-owned and operated company that represents a heritage of quality, safety and innovation. The company is made up of passionate team members who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products. Sold in more than 40 countries, the Link Snacks’ family of companies owns a portfolio of brands that includes Jack Link’s®, Lorissa’s Kitchen®, Wild River®, Golden Island®, MATADOR®, BiFi®, and Peperami®.
Jack Link’s is currently seeking a talented individual to lead the development and implementation of a Total Rewards strategy that will further support our efforts to attract and retain the best to the company. The Director of Total Rewards will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Human Resources and will be responsible for demonstrating thought leadership on the development of total rewards methodologies and approaches, leading the implementation of new projects and initiatives and directing the service delivery of the compensation, benefits, payroll and HRIS teams.
Essential Functions and Major Responsiblitieeis
- In collaboration with the Senior Vice President of Human Resources, defines and establishes a total reward philosophy that is aligned with the company’s purpose, vision and values
- Develops, recommends, manages, and implements compensation structures including grade/band structures, bonus plans, sales incentive plans and executive compensation plans and ensures that the programs are fair, equitable and competitive and that they align with company strategy and business goals
- Develops, recommends, and implements approved benefits plans and manages administration of existing plans
- Develops, recommends, and implements approved HR systems, processes and analytic capabilities in conjunction with Jack Link’s Information Technology team
- Surveys industry and market data to determine company’s competitive position in all direct and indirect pay programs to ensure that compensation and benefits programs enhance the organization’s ability to recruit, retain and motivate team members
- Conducts regular total compensation market analysis to update or confirm total compensation structure and market competitiveness for each position and function
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and Business leaders to understand their issues related to compensation and benefits
- Ensures that detailed job descriptions and relevant compensation structures are reviewed with HR leadership and functional leaders
- Creates, implements, and manages a meaningful annual merit/bonus planning process
- Manage annual renewal processes of health insurance and other benefit programs
- Partners with internal communication and consulting partners in delivering communications that successfully market and explain the benefit programs to team members
- Provides HR team and leaders with tools to ensure all pay adjustments and promotions conform to established guidelines, policies and practices
- Ensures compliance on legal regulations that affect compensation and benefit programs to include FLSA, HIPAA, COBRA, Affordable Care Act (ACA), ERISA
- Conducts educational team member meetings and arranges for enrollment of team members in optional plans
- Oversees the preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or equivalent education and/or experience
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in Total Rewards combined with 3 years of direct supervisory experience
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to interpret data, detect trends, draw conclusions and formulate recommendations
- The ideal candidate must have experience designing, implementing and managing broad based compensation and benefits plans
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences
- Experience working in a privately held and fast growing company highly desired
- Must be solutions-oriented and possess strong change management skills
- The role may require some travel - approximately 10%
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that your employer has violated its responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.