Business Intelligence Analyst
- 600 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
- Sub-Department: Data Platforms
- Department: IT
- Site Location: Minneapolis
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into the world’s largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground, to realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Join the team, make a difference, be part of something bigger.
Link Snacks, Ink (“Jack Link’s”) is the #1 Meat Snack brand in the U.S. Headquartered in Minong, Wisconsin, Link Snacks is a family-owned and operated company that represents a heritage of quality, safety and innovation. The company is made up of passionate team members who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products. Sold in more than 40 countries, the Link Snacks’ family of companies owns a portfolio of brands that includes Jack Link’s®, Lorissa’s Kitchen®, Wild River®, Golden Island®, MATADOR®, BiFi®, and Peperami®.
Jack Links is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst who will be involved in all aspects of delivering business insights by developing reports, dashboards and visualizations to be leveraged by our Jack Link’s business team. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
The candidate will possess a strong business processing acumen, along with excellent problem-solving/debugging skills and strong attention to detail.
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide mentoring on coding and design best practices and work direction to other BI team members
- Provide mentoring and training to internal BI and business teams on use of BI tools and capabilities (SAP, Microsoft Power Suite)
- Collaborates with business and IT Teams to deliver fully functional BI deliverables that are actionable and meet business needs
- Develop quality code and its associated documentation adhering to team and Departmental development standards
- Troubleshooting and resolution of issues
- Keep abreast of BI trends and capabilities that are available in the current and future SAP/Microsoft releases.
- Participates in team activities and team planning in regard to improving team skills, awareness and quality of work.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- BA in computer science or equivalent job experience
Required Experience: (Business)
- 2+ years of recent experience in BI support and development for one or more of the following business functions, Supply Chain, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Sales Planning and Promotions
- 2+ years of recent experience in delivering reports, dashboards and visualizations to business teams
Required Experience: (Technical)
- Strong experience with all aspects of the SDLC (analysis, design, programming, testing, support) and Agile development best practices
- 2+ years of recent experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
- 2+ years of recent experience with 2 or more components of SAP BI Business Objects suite, Analysis for Office, Webi, Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate
- Understanding of SAP ECC functional
- Experience with SAP BW on Hana and Hana Modeling
- Exposure and use of non-SAP BI tools
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
- Ability to conceptualize, analyze issue and deliver solutions
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills must work effectively with all levels of management and employees
- Must demonstrate effective leadership, problem solving, presentation, and employee motivational skills
- Identify and define business questions and associated data needs
- Partner with business team to create actionable Business Intelligence deliverables and insights leveraging an iterative approach
- Present Business Intelligence deliverables to business partners for review and feedback
- Team player with a “can do” attitude
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
- Quick learner
- Ability to work with an iterative and incremental development environment
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies and has been part of an agile team
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.