- Moermanskkade, 1013 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Sub-Department: Procurement
- Department: Operations
- Site Location: Amsterdam
Jack Link's is not made up of a bunch of button-up, corporate types. Like our brands and products, we believe in being authentic and genuine. Life is too short to be artificial. We have never done things the way everyone else does. Over the years, for us these facts have always been more than just a way of doing business, it has been a way of life.
What makes working at Jack Link’s so special? Jack Link’s is a company for personal growth, for awesome characters who are real, love speed and with great self discipline. You can feed your wild side while working in a very international and fresh environment. We push hard and take risks - with the unwavering passion to get done what we have set out to do. All backed up by an unflinching eye on quality.
Jack Link’s is a family owned and value driven company. In April 2014 Jack Link’s bought the brands BiFi and Peperami from Unilever. The remainder of the year was used to implement the brands and organisation in a new head office organisation in Amsterdam. In 2016 the Beef Jerky product was integrated and Jack Link’s EMEA was up and running autonomously.
Professional sourcing of indirect materials & services, meeting buying specs/briefings and deadlines, at most competitive commercial terms.
Indirect materials & services Amsterdam (f.i Marketing, HR, Finance, General activities).
Total spend 2021: About 18 Millon EUR.
- Strategic procurement of indirect materials & services; decides what to buy, where to buy, how to buy, when to buy.
- Develop and implement buying strategies of respective portfolio.
- Follow market conditions, prepare price trends and formulate future market trends for the business.
- Establish and maintain strong internal and external network/relationship. Be linked into market, especially for indirect materials and services. Understand drivers and market dynamics.
- Understands and can read the market, especially indirect materials and services.
- Supports the business/stakeholders with proper price forecasting , prepares information on purchase prices and conditions to enable proper business budgeting and cash forecasting.
- Supports the business with proper market information and development in sourcing markets.
- Identifies metrics, tools and process to optimize sourcing , supplier activities and efficiencies.
- Work closely with Marketing, R&D, Quality and Operations to support the launch of new products/ideas/savings projects.
- Deliver cost savings. Creativeness and pro-active in saving proposals.
- Manage supply chain issues (crisis management).
- Measure and manage overall performance of suppliers.
- Managing complexity in procurement portfolio.
Acting in compliance with all legal requirements/internal procedures and quality requirements like IFS.
To ensure satisfaction of Jack Links internal customers with service provided by procurement.
To manage administrative work in procurement like creating/maintaining contracts/PO‘s, getting contract signatures from suppliers, correspondence internally and externally, etc.
To handle diverse supplier- or operational issues when arising, pro-actively.
To solve day-to-day issues with regard to contracts/PO‘s and complaints.
To support team by consolidating and reporting KPI`s, figures, overviews.
To contribute to procurement organization to meet goals and objectives and support to the overall JL EMEA sourcing strategy.
Continuously improve ways of working (brilliant basics) e.g. more efficient ways of handling data, thereby close co-operation with other departments and procurement JL EMEA.
- Commitment to company and business. Knows the importance of procurement as pre-requisite for corporate success.
- Deep knowledge and understand about functionality of portfolio items, especially indirect materials.
- Solid Business Administration background.
- Powerful negotiation skills and tactics, legal basics, persuasive power.
- Good/fluent spoken and written English.
- Accuracy, organisational and communication skills.
- Commercial skills.
- Self-driven, independent, flexible and pro-active. Action – no debate mode.
- Team player and prepared to work in virtual teams.
- IT systems and tools: e.g. SAP, Interspec, MS Office tools, other systems to come.
- Willing to travel.
- Buying and negotiating power.
- Deep market understanding.
- Legal procurement basics.
- Commercial background preferred in procurement.
- Working in virtual teams, various cultures.
- External orientation and network.